The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: Audiophilia
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
(10-04-2011, 12:10 PM)zero_kanipan Wrote: [ -> ]sandmoose already contacted me. im gonna meet him this weekend.

still thinking of getting a new pair of headsets tho. anything good around Php 2~3k?

Haha, cool Smile You're the second RR member I've referred to him. Maybe I should get commission LOL

Headphones...
http://www.head-fi.org/t/433318/shootout...ded-9-4-11

If you're willing to scale up a bit there's an ATH-M50 for sale for 5k on headphiles. HD448 for 3.2k
thinking of getting one of the following:
Numark PHX Pro (detachable cable and comes with three cables, and two foams)
Equation Audio EP3070 (detachable cable and quite cheap)
Grado SR60i (thick cables, more geared for Rock music)
Sennheiser HD428 (good stats overall)

Definitely the Grado
(10-05-2011, 10:23 AM)Sforza Wrote: [ -> ]Definitely the Grado

will check later at Megamall if they have stock. aside from The Listening Room are there any other shops there that have a selection of audio equipment?
(10-06-2011, 07:41 AM)zero_kanipan Wrote: [ -> ]

will check later at Megamall if they have stock. aside from The Listening Room are there any other shops there that have a selection of audio equipment?

The only physical store that sells Grados in the country is Acoustic Dimension in Power Plant and their mark-up is teh_bomb.

Best best would be to check out TPC. You can get an SR80 for about 4.5k or a bit less Smile
I have a question for teh audio guru.. Are these any good? I'd like to here your feedback on them on the bang for the buck aspectHappy. thanks in advance!
(10-06-2011, 10:38 AM)Sforza Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-06-2011, 07:41 AM)zero_kanipan Wrote: [ -> ]

The only physical store that sells Grados in the country is Acoustic Dimension in Power Plant and their mark-up is teh_bomb.

Best best would be to check out TPC. You can get an SR80 for about 4.5k or a bit less Smile

found some for 4k, but they're second hand :/ not so sure with that. theres also a listing for brand new SR60i but at 4.7k. then again im thinking, if im gonna shell that out, why not get the ATH-M50 for 5k.

also having second thoughts with the repair of the ksc75s. 450, and he prefers them to be shipped, so thats another 300. so 750...considering i bought it for 1250..thats a little pricey. also considering my uncle is an electrician and i took up a few years of ECE...hmm..imma try and repair this myself XD

update: got 4 3.5mm jacks from ace hardware for Php 65. Also remembered that I have 5m (and more) of CAT 5e cables just gathering dust in my room. Also got lead and shrink tubes from Alexan. Now all I need is to borrow a soldering iron from my uncle or get one for myself. oh and i found my niece's broken cheapo headset. will see if i can attach the earphones to the frame/headband XD
Related to a recent pet peeve LOL

[Image: 2011-11-09.png]

"If you’re going to disturb my commute, at least have the decency to play “Super Bass” loudly from your phone’s speakers so I can appreciate the brilliant lyrical stylings of young Nicki Minaj. How else will I hear that boom, badoom, boom, boom, badoom, boom bass?"

http://thedoghousediaries.com/3220
But open backed headphones are just so good.
(11-16-2011, 12:05 AM)your mom Wrote: [ -> ]But open backed headphones are just so good.

open headphones i guess are excusable, to a degree.
people with IEMs/noise cancelling cans that still leak very audible music while on the train is simply inexcusable. what irritates me even more is majority of these use those beats thing. as pointed out by an article i read before, sure they're expensive, but they're not exactly hi-fi.

and oops. sorry for the rant XD

oh and need advice.

i saw an ad on TipidPC for a Grado SR80i, brand new, selling for around Php5.6k. is that a good price?
I personally do not like Grados at all, so I wouldn't call it a good price if it was me buying it! Tongue
(11-17-2011, 08:55 AM)zero_kanipan Wrote: [ -> ]i saw an ad on TipidPC for a Grado SR80i, brand new, selling for around Php5.6k. is that a good price?

It's a little pricey but pwede na (SRP $99 so markup is about 1.2k for the seller), but why not just get an SR60i instead? SR80 is pretty entry level so you'll probably be selling it in a year or so anyway. The difference is sound quality isn't big either.
(11-18-2011, 10:08 AM)Sforza Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-17-2011, 08:55 AM)zero_kanipan Wrote: [ -> ]i saw an ad on TipidPC for a Grado SR80i, brand new, selling for around Php5.6k. is that a good price?

It's a little pricey but pwede na (SRP $99 so markup is about 1.2k for the seller), but why not just get an SR60i instead? SR80 is pretty entry level so you'll probably be selling it in a year or so anyway. The difference is sound quality isn't big either.

okies i'll try to find an SR60i.
Opinions on Beats by Dr Dre? I keep seeing them on people's heads and I can't help but think they're tools (edit: the wearers). Please prove me wrong. LOL
(11-21-2011, 10:48 AM)NiX Wrote: [ -> ]Opinions on Beats by Dr Dre? I keep seeing them on people's heads and I can't help but think they're tools. Please prove me wrong. LOL

Most of them may be bootlegs. I always see a ton of them being sold in the cellphone bangketa section in Greenhills, Tutuban and Quiapo.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17