The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: Audiophilia
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Looks like one half of a collar for a Mega Man Robot Master. Technoslavery! Tongue
If it sounds like crap, then what was it for? LOL
On the opposite end of the spectrum from the Sennheisers, we have the ATH-W1000X Happy

[Image: at3_06.jpg]
There's also the AKG K701 Smile
[Image: dsc0037dvq.jpg]
(09-20-2010, 11:00 AM)Grim Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-17-2010, 01:20 AM)Sforza Wrote: [ -> ]BTW one of my friends is selling a Koss PortaPro 25th anniversary ed. for 3.5k Smile It's probably the best audiophile investment you can make apart from SR-60s

This is nifty. I love the look of that black metal version. Tell your friend that he can wait 2 months, I'll get it from him.

Probably won't happen though. LOL

Hey Jake, is this item still for sale?
(10-17-2010, 04:41 PM)Grim Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-17-2010, 01:20 AM)Sforza Wrote: [ -> ]BTW one of my friends is selling a Koss PortaPro 25th anniversary ed. for 3.5k Smile It's probably the best audiophile investment you can make apart from SR-60s

This is nifty. I love the look of that black metal version. Tell your friend that he can wait 2 months, I'll get it from him.

Sorry for the late response. Yes it's still for sale and it's now just 3k.

Best to be quick about it; I can get it for you and you can just pay me COD when we're able to meet up.
Oooh and try reading this:

Ultra portable shootout: px100, px200, portapro, k404, v-jays, tracks, oldskool and hd238
http://www.headfonia.com/ultra-portable-...d-hd238/2/
(10-19-2010, 03:04 PM)Sforza Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-17-2010, 04:41 PM)Grim Wrote: [ -> ]

Sorry for the late response. Yes it's still for sale and it's now just 3k.

Best to be quick about it; I can get it for you and you can just pay me COD when we're able to meet up.

Complete with box, coin and pouch, I presume? If so, please pull the trigger and I'll pay you. We can meet maybe during the week when I'm in Makati, or during the weekend.

Thanks, as always. Smile
(10-21-2010, 02:03 PM)Grim Wrote: [ -> ]Huh.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/10/21/marsh...vember-15/

Closed reference headphones = bassy, tending toward neutral, accurate but not usually very musical

Not my type. But interesting!! Just because it's Marshall.
http://www.zoundindustries.com/#products

^ Okay, just found out they're made by the same manufacturer as Urbanears. Avoid them like them plague.
I saw some of these, specifically the Marvel and Star Wars units, at this techie-looking shop in Greenhills a couple days ago. I'm not sure if they were on sale or something but the headphones were being sold for less than what it said on the website.
Got the Koss PortaPros yesterday. Enjoying them. Will post findings in a few days.
(10-28-2010, 10:57 AM)Grim Wrote: [ -> ]Got the Koss PortaPros yesterday. Enjoying them. Will post findings in a few days.

So... it's been a few days. any impressions yet? LOL
Oh yeah. LOL

Much more forward sounding than my Senns. The KPPs have bright mids, and this is where they shine, and why they're all-purpose, good-for-everything portables. The highs are good but not great.

Bass is awesome though! You get articulated thumps without it being too boomy. Sound clarity and instrument separation is pretty good too even when I'm just listening to regular bitrate songs (~128kbps) on the iPod - much more when I'm playing FLAC files on the PC at home. I've never had a muddy sound experience with them yet. Soundstaging, again, isn't the widest, but it'll do.

Comfort levels decrease when wearing them for a long period though, which is something I have against it (even after fiddling with the comfort settings), because the bend of the metal headband forces most of the pressure on your temples and ears. If only they made it less fiddly.

But overall, a GREAT pair for the price. Smile
Hey guys, I'm selling a bunch of stuff. I don't think anyone here will be interested but I'll post the list here along with the best (and final) price.

Quote:Audio Technica ATH-ESW9 (recabled to silver) - 10k

Denon AH-D1001 - 4.5k

Sunrise AS-Charm earbuds - 3k

Beyerdynamic DT880 (250ohms) - 7.5k, brand new pads included (they're on the way here)

Little Dot MK 1+ headphone amp - 5k

All the items being sold are in the top tier of sound quality for their respective form factors and price points, and are being sold especially cheaply. They're all used but in great condition, will provide pictures upon request.

For more details, please consult google, reply here, or pm me.
In case any of you would like to try these out sometime -- some of the more recent acquisitions (apart from the ones being sold) I have here are:

Headphones:
AKG K701
Sennheiser HD25-1 II
PX100-II

Dac:
udac-2

Amps:
Maverick Audio A1
Meier Corda 2move
Beats by Dr. Dre. What's your take on the series as a whole? Is it worth the steep price?

There's an acquaintance of mine selling a couple of sets. Galing daw customs (yeah, corruption), but I haven't seen the items yet.
(12-18-2010, 03:20 PM)Shintetsu Wrote: [ -> ]Beats by Dr. Dre. What's your take on the series as a whole? Is it worth the steep price?

There's an acquaintance of mine selling a couple of sets. Galing daw customs (yeah, corruption), but I haven't seen the items yet.

First, make sure they're original and not OEM.

And Beats are okay sounding but not worth the price. Audio Technicas of similar quality are just 1/4 the price, for example.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17