The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: Audiophilia
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
(08-22-2012, 01:49 AM)R.Leonhardt Wrote: [ -> ]aw.. the HD700 was shit? I was gonna buy one for my birthday. :-(

Well, it has emphasized bass and ear-piercing treble. Some people might like that kind of sound. The vast majority don't.
The HD800 however is a good buy.
Dose anyone know ware to buy a new pair of the Audio Tecnica ATH-EM700 model?

[Image: ath_em700_em7gm.jpg]
(08-22-2012, 03:27 PM)Sforza Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-22-2012, 01:49 AM)R.Leonhardt Wrote: [ -> ]aw.. the HD700 was shit? I was gonna buy one for my birthday. :-(

Well, it has emphasized bass and ear-piercing treble. Some people might like that kind of sound. The vast majority don't.

I like a heavy bass that doesn't bleed but I HATE ear-piercing trebles... No matter, I'll just try it out first before I'd consider buying one =)

(08-22-2012, 04:12 PM)Saika Darkmoon Wrote: [ -> ]Dose anyone know ware to buy a new pair of the Audio Tecnica ATH-EM700 model?

Holy shet those look sexy! I've never seen that model before..But do they sound as good as it looks? =/
(08-22-2012, 05:39 PM)R.Leonhardt Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-22-2012, 03:27 PM)Sforza Wrote: [ -> ]

I like a heavy bass that doesn't bleed but I HATE ear-piercing trebles... No matter, I'll just try it out first before I'd consider buying one =)

(08-22-2012, 04:12 PM)Saika Darkmoon Wrote: [ -> ]Dose anyone know ware to buy a new pair of the Audio Tecnica ATH-EM700 model?

Holy shet those look sexy! I've never seen that model before..But do they sound as good as it looks? =/

my friend bought a pair way back in 2005 and he still uses them with his PSP,MP3, ect, (not for gaming or movie though not alot of base of corse) but theyve lasted him 5+ years look sexy and their the same model the Persona 3 protaganist wares but im hearing that they were discontinued sadly =( and i dont want a damn pair from E-bay (unrealiable)
Anyone here know where I could get some headphone cables/wires? And some other supplies I guess...
(08-28-2012, 10:31 AM)Serene Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone here know where I could get some headphone cables/wires? And some other supplies I guess...

Amazon has everything online nearly. if your in the US i would segest best buy or radio shack for an in store pickup. what cables exactly were you needing for??
(08-28-2012, 10:31 AM)Serene Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone here know where I could get some headphone cables/wires? And some other supplies I guess...

i've asked Jake regarding this before. he said try Audiophile branches and Spectra in Park Square 1 as well as other similar shops there. tell me when you're gonna go, coz im also looking to buy some cables and plugs for a modding project XD
(08-31-2012, 11:21 AM)zero_kanipan Wrote: [ -> ]

i've asked Jake regarding this before. he said try Audiophile branches and Spectra in Park Square 1 as well as other similar shops there. tell me when you're gonna go, coz im also looking to buy some cables and plugs for a modding project XD

Uhhh?? i have no clue what those shops are never heard of them befor @_@
So I bought a FiiO E09K and an E17 DAC. Not sure if I did the right thing.

I feel neutral so far though. LOL

Edit: I've tested it with an Audeze LCD-2 though, it was pretty good. Might have to get more cans, but that one's like... 950 USD. @_@

Edit2: Actually nevermind the post; I'm beginning to hear the improvements little by little.

Edit3: Now the quest for more cans hath begun.
(08-31-2012, 02:13 PM)Saika Darkmoon Wrote: [ -> ]

@Saika: We're a Philippine-based forum, so we tend to give Philippine-based recommendations for shops. Anyway, the Radioshack suggestion is pretty good. IIRC Mouser is a good source too for some specialized components like opamps and replacement jacks.

@Serene: Audiophile would have most of what you need, but for headphone cables I'd suggest looking around at Park Square one shops. Usually you wouldn't have to change an entire cable though, just the jack. It costs around 150 pesos or less I think. For electrical components, Raon is still the best choice. For specialized stuff, I'd suggest Farnell or ebay. A lot of Chinese sellers have great prices for equipment that's normally bought wholesale.

(08-31-2012, 02:39 PM)Goat Wrote: [ -> ]So I bought a FiiO E09K and an E17 DAC. Not sure if I did the right thing.

Edit: I've tested it with an Audeze LCD-2 though, it was pretty good. Might have to get more cans, but that one's like... 950 USD. @_@

Edit2: Actually nevermind the post; I'm beginning to hear the improvements little by little.

Did you buy the set at the listening room in Megamall? I'm interested in auditioning your set-up the next time we meet Happy I think the best reason to get an E17 would be the treble EQ, since some people can find headphones like the DT880 a little bit too bright.

About the LCD2, I think it sounds great. I really like the sound. It has some drawbacks though, like the weight which isn't ideal for continuous use over long periods of time. I also think the dark sound signature can get boring if they're the only headphone one owns.

If you're looking for new headphones, I think the best headphone forum right now is changstar.com, but it isn't very newbie friendly because of the objective nature of the site. Headphiles is good for local sourcing of headphones and meet information, as nothing beats live listening impressions. Head-fi isn't a good resource anymore because it's so overrun by hype.

(08-22-2012, 05:39 PM)R.Leonhardt Wrote: [ -> ]I like a heavy bass that doesn't bleed but I HATE ear-piercing trebles... No matter, I'll just try it out first before I'd consider buying one =)

These have light bass and have an upper mid/treble emphasis. I don't think they're for you if you like headphones with nice bass.
(09-01-2012, 10:12 PM)Sforza Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-31-2012, 02:13 PM)Saika Darkmoon Wrote: [ -> ]

@Saika: We're a Philippine-based forum, so we tend to give Philippine-based recommendations for shops. Anyway, the Radioshack suggestion is pretty good. IIRC Mouser is a good source too for some specialized components like opamps and replacement jacks.

@Serene: Audiophile would have most of what you need, but for headphone cables I'd suggest looking around at Park Square one shops. Usually you wouldn't have to change an entire cable though, just the jack. It costs around 150 pesos or less I think. For electrical components, Raon is still the best choice. For specialized stuff, I'd suggest Farnell or ebay. A lot of Chinese sellers have great prices for equipment that's normally bought wholesale.

(08-31-2012, 02:39 PM)Goat Wrote: [ -> ]So I bought a FiiO E09K and an E17 DAC. Not sure if I did the right thing.

Did you buy the set at the listening room in Megamall? I'm interested in auditioning your set-up the next time we meet Happy I think the best reason to get an E17 would be the treble EQ, since some people can find headphones like the DT880 a little bit too bright.

About the LCD2, I think it sounds great. I really like the sound. It has some drawbacks though, like the weight which isn't ideal for continuous use over long periods of time. I also think the dark sound signature can get boring if they're the only headphone one owns.

If you're looking for new headphones, I think the best headphone forum right now is changstar.com, but it isn't very newbie friendly because of the objective nature of the site. Headphiles is good for local sourcing of headphones and meet information, as nothing beats live listening impressions. Head-fi isn't a good resource anymore because it's so overrun by hype.

(08-22-2012, 05:39 PM)R.Leonhardt Wrote: [ -> ]I like a heavy bass that doesn't bleed but I HATE ear-piercing trebles... No matter, I'll just try it out first before I'd consider buying one =)

These have light bass and have an upper mid/treble emphasis. I don't think they're for you if you like headphones with nice bass.

I know they probobly arent for gaming, but i would like them for them being the same as the Persona3 protaganinst's headphones, and their realy light my friend said good for my PSP i would think. is their another kind like those i could get? im gona have some money in a few weeks so i wana get a nice portable pair of headphones that have some decent style and sound perferable the same clip on style sceen in my picture ^
So you're requesting a recommendation for a clip on with a nice form factor and similar sound to the ATH-EM700? Or for any headphone in general with nice styling and similar sound?
(09-01-2012, 10:57 PM)Sforza Wrote: [ -> ]So you're requesting a recommendation for a clip on with a nice form factor and similar sound to the ATH-EM700? Or for any headphone in general with nice styling and similar sound?

Clip on with nice form and style, sound realy dosent mater much to me with it i have turtlebeaches wich are great for anything, i just want something thats light, stylish, and clip on so it dosent fall in 5 steps (i live on the 2nd floor of a house) ~_~

Edit: I think these look like a good alt however still not the ATH-EM700 =(

Sony MDR-Q68LW http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDR-Q68LW-Cli...pg__header
Sforza Wrote:Did you buy the set at the listening room in Megamall? I'm interested in auditioning your set-up the next time we meet Happy I think the best reason to get an E17 would be the treble EQ, since some people can find headphones like the DT880 a little bit too bright.

Oh, thanks for the info.

Also, I just set the treble and it sounded much better than what I anticipated. And yeah, I got it from The Listening Room. LOL LOL LOL

Edit: Anyway, I'll bring it next time luls.
(09-01-2012, 11:18 PM)Saika Darkmoon Wrote: [ -> ]Clip on with nice form and style, sound realy dosent mater much to me with it i have turtlebeaches wich are great for anything, i just want something thats light, stylish, and clip on so it dosent fall in 5 steps (i live on the 2nd floor of a house) ~_~

Edit: I think these look like a good alt however still not the ATH-EM700 =(

Sony MDR-Q68LW http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDR-Q68LW-Cli...pg__header

Oh, those look nice Smile Go buy! xD
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17