The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: Solanin (manga) Complete
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It's just two volumes, set in contemporary Tokyo. It's just two volumes. I think most of you guys will be able to relate to the premise a lot, and it's a pretty good read.

[Image: jg_solanin2.jpg]

Quote:Meiko and Taneda graduated from university for 2 years. Having no really goals or decision, they step into the society clueless. Meiko works as an Office Lady to pay off rent from her apartment, while Taneda works as an illustrator in a press company just to share Meiko's burden for the rent. While Taneda often meets up with his bandmates from their University days to jam, he still find something is missing. His bandmates know what was it: they need to step out, promote themselves and let their songs be heard to a larger crowd, which is their dream since their first meeting in their university's "Pop Music Club".

While they decide to break the rhythm of their "normal" graduate lives, its when two important things collide with each other: Meiko decides to quit her job, and Taneda decides to devote time to write his first proper song for his band. With such uncertainties and unpredictability, how would their lives lead to? And just when both Meiko and Taneda decides to let go of all worries and embrace such uncertainties and unpredictability, one tragedy happens, and changed both theirs' and their friends' lives.

Volume 1
Volume 2
Very nice slice of life manga. I'd highly recommend it if you've just finished college and are grinding to make a further step in life.
Stayed up until 3:30 to finish the thing. It's really good, but probably not in the way you expect.
I love the characters.

Medyo tinamaan ako ng story -_- Aray.
Not to mention most of us are the same age as the protagonists.