The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: Armored Core V News
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35
Maybe now they'll be called Cougars. LOL
they should be called SHARINGANS!!!!!!
Woah! They'e way bigger than HPAs!
Witness the most in-depth AC5 discussion on the Internet. LOL
In-depth? This is already in-depth?

Hell...

What happened to use these past three years?

I NEED A PS3!!!
J.E. sent me some pictures from the AC Chronicle Art Works booklet that came with LR portable. Inside was some concept art for Armored Core 5

http://ravenrepublic.net/2010/03/06/armo...ncept-art/

I really like the look of that new gun. Tongue
One thing i like about Armored Core is how they give emphasize to the Ravens. Though its not enough, it somewhat gives me thrill and satisfaction after clearing a mission or defeating a Raven.

In AC5 i hope they improve the plot and add more background on each Raven that may appear in the game, like his attitude, his past, his skills as to how he became a Raven etc...

Involve more Ravens in a mission, something like 2 vs 1 or 3 vs 3 AC fights in a mission. Something that would go along with the story. Detailed aftermath reports on Ravens, Corporation and any kind.
Yeah I felt that more characterization and an actual plot would indeed help AC to gain a bigger following. It's pretty uninspired as it is.
Maybe an RPG-like feel to it, like you can free-roam the world on and off your AC. There are towns, and you are sent your mission details through your PDA or something, and before the Storyline missions occur, you can accept missions around the towns you visit. Battles will occur by running into enemies on the field(meaning you can evade them) which include not only the normal mercenaries as well as factions you choose to attack in story missions, but also, I don't know, "berserk" mechs or hell, throw in giant animals. The battles will still occur like normal AC battles, but you recover your AP by using the "scrap" parts from the defeated enemies, and the money you get from each battle depends on how well you perform, earning you a "rank" after each battle.

Better ranks get you more "scrap" parts to repair your AC with, and these ranks correspond to a certain amount of points which you use at AC shops in towns you come across. Now the EXP you earn after these will accumulate, and when you level up, you earn the so called tuning or "FRS" points.

Boss battles against other ACs will give you their schematics, and if you get a high rank, you will get 1(rank C), 2(rank B), 3(rank A), all(Rank S) of their Frame Parts, or if you do amazingly well(rank SS) you get their Frame Parts, weapons, and gain extra FRS points. To get an SS in boss battles, you'll have to deal the finishing blow with a weapon the boss is weak to, but your AP will have to be less than 50%(which adds to dramatic effect or something, haha). Oh and bosses all have unique frames and weapons. Just for fun.

Light-weights(all types) will be weak to any high-impact weapon(Bazookas, Grenade Cannons, etc) Mid to Heavy-weights(all types), depending on their EN and Ballistic defense will be weak to whichever one is lower (lower EN defense = Laser Rifles, Pulse Guns, etc, lower Ballistic defense = Normal and Assault Rifles, Shotguns, Bazookas, etc)

You still get to name your character, choose his or her choices throughout the game, and you eventually end up with different endings each time. You also get to customize his or her appearance, as a plus.

Sorry for the wall of text. Just sharing my ideas. Gonna go sleep now. G'nyt peoples.
I dunno about the part acquisition thing but I do like the idea of being able to roam around some kind of town, like going into a bar and chatting up the locals, etc. I guess the best example is Front Mission 3 (didn't play the others).
Zefyr, that's basically what some of us have been talking about for a few years now. More customization options, free roaming around the world and interacting with other people inside buildings (like shops and briefing rooms) and on the field, that would've been sweet.

Guess we can only dream. Tongue
I wonder how much of that stuff we've seen in the teaser will make it in the actual game. All the mindless point-and-shoot is really getting old you know. Tbh the series has become more like an arcade / platformer rather than a proper mech shoot em up. How about engaging your enemy from a mile away? How about breaking through a wall instead of flipping giant switches to open a giant door to get to that stupid giant elevator. Also there needs to be variety in the multiplayer mode.

FromLIARZ
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XiXDrMA0U5g&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XiXDrMA0U5g&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/g9_v3Wn2sGU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/g9_v3Wn2sGU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
AC 4 has got a cool scene... When one of those LYNX slowly cuts open a gate infront of you from the other side, sending you a chill in the spine...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siKRXxvZxuM

Oh, and bang up doors like the Red AC did in the AC2:AA intro? That was freaking awesome.

Breaking through buildings like in the NEXUS intro would be nice as well...
Anju, right? The female Lynx with that really smexxy French accent. I'm hoping that this time, there will be actual mech-to-mech collisions. Being rammed by a hundred-ton battle machine should have some kind of impact this time around at least.
Mech collisions would be nice. Turn it into some sort of melee move, but you'll lose AP in doing so. Not really suitable for LWs.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35