The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: Venator
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Venator (hunter)

[Image: Hadranael.jpg]

frame parts
S2 - 30 cooling, 40 shell defense, 30 energy defense
UL2 - 40 cooling, 40 shell defense, 20 energy defense
S2 - 80 arm weight, 20 shell defense
89F - 30 cooling, 50 shell defense, 20 energy defense

internals
VULTURE2 - 100 booster heat
F73H
G91 - 70 energy output, 30 condenser capacity
ANANDA - 30 energy drain, 70 cooling

armaments
SATYROS
RA
RM3/FUNI (FUNI pictured)
RL
BP

optionals

AMINO
069ES
069SS
071EC
079L+
CODON
MARISHI

Something i've been experimenting with lately. I've had LR since 2006 and it's only now that i fell in love with the RL/BP combo. The speed on this one is typical of a fully-loaded midweight although the AP is a bit shabby. OB heat is a bit on the fiery side but it's still tolerable as i only OB for rushing in and range control. The extensions are alternated between RM3 for PVP and FUNI for missions.

Still not too sure about the frame parts at the moment. Any suggestions for alternatives?
The handmounts are definitely top tier. Your arms and legs are mid to low tier though. But if you really like them, they aren't unusable.
I'd love to use the heavy CR-A89AG arms on this para mukang batak, then just downgrade to the 69m & lotus kung overweight.
That'll cause a super overweighted core though. Not that it'll totally ruin your aiming... you'll just get that super annoying beeping noise.
If you're looking for a real macho-looking AC, one of the arms i tried for this was the GALAGO. The resulting frame looked like it could snap a Pulvie in half bare-handed.
Limpet is equally effective here and you get a square box to boot.
My opinion is:

Good kill power.
Not enough Defenses.
Not enough speed for the defenses it has.

Maybe try switching the BP to the right hand, as left hand BP has got some accuracy problems. Change the left hand to a handgun or a rifle (R3 or GAST come in mind) for more lightness and better lockboxes.

Your AC has already got good refresh, so you can afford switching the arms to the MACACQUE and your legs to a COUGAR2 or an S3. (COUGAR2 might be better here.)

Head should then maybe become DRONE or EYE, you get addional defenses, and a radar on top of that. This frees up one of your back parts, and weighing you less then.

Or else, if you want more defenses to compliment your lack of speed, try the FA or the LH94A2 legs. These will boost your AP and defenses up. After that, take the EOS core for a good OB and good defenses. Change the booster to VULTURE2 (better acceleration) and the generator to CR-G91.

Arms should still become MACACQUE (or GIBBON2 if you want lighter). Head EYE or the SR2 head. (Cascade Ranger's Head)

Well, that's what I would've done... Your choice anyways.

Anyways, it should look a bit like my AC in this vid...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMHV68NnnNY
I did some tinkering with your design I find it hard to reconcile the low cooling 89F with an OB core. The low cooling and poor turn rate of the 89F seems to be counter-productive for a design centered around OB, which requires a high turn-rate set of legs to easily re-acquire targets that go off screen and at least a moderate amount of cooling for better heat management. To me they just don't seem to mesh well together, as the 89F seem to be built for more defense oriented ACs that need more EN surplus for basic movement or an EN weapons setup, but this does not mean we can't make an OB AC on these set of legs. :p

If you want to stick with OB + 89F, then you might want to look at the EOS core in order to maximize your cooling and defense. However, you'll be pairing them up with light arms in order to get it into proper weight given your weapons setup, which is a sad departure from the manly looking heavy arms on a light core setup earlier (I just know Hannah's gonna do something once she sees that statement). Otherwise there are better legs suited for OB, but none of them can carry as much and have the same efficiency as the 89F.

What I did for Venator though was a bit of an overhaul of the frame design ... The biggest change I made was switching the UL2 to the EOS, seeing that OB will be used more for positioning rather than in an actual assault, a short and fast OB burst seems to be more beneficial than a slow accelerating OB sequence. I capitalized on the 89F's efficiency and weight cap by adding in the GIBBON arms to offset the high shell defense of the current design. For cooling I compromised generators and boosters by using the LOTUS and the VULTURE2, which ensures a cool running booster and OB setup while the 89F and EOS' EN efficiency should help the LOTUS' low EN output. This should let you survive on both offensive and defensive games, just be careful of the LOTUS' low EN capacity. The resulting frame is much more tougher and has a faster OB while still retaining that muscular look of your older AC, though this version looks a bit more top heavy than your original creation, my version is also less EN efficient and has less air time than the original.

The changes I made will put your AC overweight even with tunes, so I made a couple of recommendations for your weapons to fit while somewhat compromising your missile system:

To save more weight, try looking into the 69M starter missile pack. While less damaging and slower firing than the SATYROS, it has nearly double the ammo capacity and its noticeably more accurate at longer ranges (though the missiles significantly travel slower than the SATYROS). That should save you a lot more weight, though admittedly it does not pack the same punch as the its larger cousin. I also downgraded the relations to the RM, which gives a nice burst of missiles when you need them as a surprise. In essence, you have a missile system you can use to poke at your opponents at far ranges, and a mid to close range gun combo in addition to relation missiles to use as a surprise.

Here's a list of parts for the design to make it easier to digest everything that I just typed:

S4 (Changed head for more defense. I just used this because there was spare weight. Change it back to the original if you want)
EOS
GIBBON
89F
VULTURE2
F73H
LOTUS
ANANDA
-
RM
69M
RA2 (Just a preference on my part. I like it more than the RA because of its better zoom feature :p)
RL
BP

Tune accordingly and set the option parts as you see fit :p let us know what you think.
Leperman, your version is good, but I still think that the BP should be switched to the Right arm. On the left one, it's not that good (low reaction time). You want to fire bazooka off the bat, as those guns usually require timing and dexterity to hit, not just hold L1 and fire of... XD

My Idea is that in your frame:

GIBBON > GIBBON2
89F > S2
(Right Arm) RL > BP
(Left Arm) BP > RLA (Not really though...) or R3

That'd make a lighter AC.
I don't think any of us here doubt the left BP. Hahah.
And i have no plans of switching it over to the right anyway, since this frame was built specificially with these arm-mounts in mind. I'm kinda sick of seeing the R3 as left-mounts nowadays so i'm trying out other alternatives. Leperdude, i tried your frame part suggestions and they work beautifully. Tongue
Nix: I don't think any of us here doubt the left BP.

The thing is, that left BP reduces your lock-box, does not fire on command (you need to wait) and most of all, takes a potential place for a lighter gun that might enlarge your lock-box (i.e Handgun, Machinegun, Missile, etc...).

But if you want to stick to RL/BP, it's your AC. Tongue

Just that I find that combo not that good compared to others...
That lefty BP isn't meant to be fired 1 shot after another, it's more of a deterant on here. at least that's how i see it.
Actually, that's correct. Primary means of attack comes from the linear rifle with occasional shots from the bazooka sneaked in. It's really a waste of ammo when you fire the BP continuously as not all shells will hit their mark. Sad
Why does this design look so familiar...?

Oh yeah! I remember being on the receiving end of those two weapons last weekend. XD damn.