The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: Google Wave
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have it. I'm still checking if I can extend invites, but it's not looking like that.

[Image: googlewave.jpg]

I haven't played around with it extensively, but it looks almost exactly like what Google showed us a few months back. It's also a bit confusing, like what's the difference between a ping and a wave, but I'm attributing that to "new technology" as opposed to "misguided design". In time, this will all be second nature.

RAVE: It's been a tech-week for me. Woot
RANT: Haven't blogged about it. I feel like I haven't been a good netizen. -_-
I have 8 invites. Who wants one?

EDIT: I think you need a Google account, but I'm not sure.
Memememememememememememe.

torresnix aaaaat gmail.
OK nominated you. Expect it in the next couple of days. That's usually how long it takes.
goat aaaaat ravenrepublic!!
Hit me with an invite plox D:
OK done. Aruren, sent you a PM.

The general consensus now is that people are still getting used to the point of Google Wave, much like Twitter a few months back. It's really quite a mystery at first, especially since the interface is quite muddled and unclear. It'll take a bit of a creative push on the part of the end-users for the usage of the protocol to really blow up, since people are very much ingrained into the world of email/IM/Twitter/Facebook.
I'm really interested Smile

severine at minegarde dot com please~!
Done and done.. 4 invites left! Get 'em so I can finally have people to talk to! Haha
shintetsu aaat ravenrepublicdotnet, thanks!
Sent.
I've received the invitation. Thanks mate!
FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Sorry for not checking that often around here anymore. :/ Took me 3 days to check on the message >_< My bad.