The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: Scorpio
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Head: CR-H81S4 (0,0,4,6,0)
Core: CR-C89E (3,1,0,6,0)
Arms: WA01-LEO
Legs: LR04-GAZELLE (0,3,1,6,0)
Booster: B03-VULTURE2 (0,3,4,3)
FCS: CR-F82D2
Generator: CR-G91 (0,7,3)
Radiator: ANANDA (0,0,10)
Inside: NONE
Extension: CR-E92RM3 RELATION MISSILE
Back Unit R: CR-WB69M SMALL MISSILE
Back Unit L: CR-WB69RA RADAR

O01-ANIMO, CR-O69ES, CR-O69SS, CR-O79L+, O04-GOLGI, O06-PHAGE, O08-RIBOSE

Concept RJ design featuring the LEO laser weapon arms. I tried to go as low-drain as possible with the rest of the parts because the LEO, especially on high-power mode, consumes quite a bit of energy.

The AC is slightly underweighted to help it go a bit faster to position for the LEO and to somewhat make up for the relatively poor defense.

The LEO itself is actually a pretty formidable weapon especially when used up close in the high-power mode because of its sheer attack power and heat. The LEO's normal mode can be used at farther ranges thanks to the higher shot velocity, though the damage dealt isn't as good. EOs from the 89E are simply there to help support the AC in case enemies get too close since the LEO's ND lockbox is no good at close quarters. The RM3 is there for quick early-game damage and should be dropped ASAP. 69M can be used for spamming for the rest of a match.
The experience I had when I faced this earlier was very limited (1/2 battles?), but Leo mode 2 really packs some heat.

I think mode 1 is akin to a Shade, since they have about the same accuracy (which is great, but not excellent), but Shade lasts longer, so I think you should try to get in the grill of people and mode 2 their ass as much as possible.

Or that could just be the rushdown player in me talking. LOL Looks solid though.
I actually forgot that I had the 89E when I played this against you and Rick a while ago. LOL Still worked well enough. Tongue
Have you tried using a low "charge drain" booster on this. Like the B81 and GULL.
B81 makes the AC a bit too slow for my liking. Maybe if we adopted the JP LR rules. Tongue I like the speed for moving around since the defense is a bit low. It's currently going at 411, IIIRC.

If I use GULL, I'd have to use LOTUS or FUDOH. Either will hurt my refresh rate. G91+GULL is ideal, but is more heat than the AC can handle since cooling is at almost 15000 flat.

Anyway, as it is, I'm not really having any energy problems. It's only when you fire two consecutive shots from mode 2 that you really redline your generator.
did you try CETUS yet?
Yup, tried it before. If I went CETUS for this though, I wouldn't have ended up with anything resembling this AC. LEO is kinda the whole point.
Personally I'd drop the F82D2 for something like F73H. The long range lock just isn't neccessary.
Hmmm... This AC reminds me of my LEO AC. I think that while your's has got good EN refresh, it seems lacking in defenses. Mine is the contrary. (It still bears a decent EN refresh though)
D2 isn't for long range. It gives a decent box for the lockspeed. F73H won't give a much bigger box since you're stuck with a single ND-type weapon anyway.

Adding more defense reduces either offense or speed. The high refresh here translates to offense anyway. You just have to compromise somewhere.
No but it gives you a bit better chance to hit than D2. at least in my experience.
Both are good. 73H gives you bigger lock box, but slower lock-ons, while D2 does the opposite.

Fast lock can be useful on these arms here, as they do lock on rather slowly.