The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: Armored Core Figures/Model Kits
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In related news, I just finished my 1/100 MG ReZel and it's next to impossible to transform it into wave rider mode without the legs popping out, all in all thats my only complaint.
(01-04-2013, 11:55 AM)Zefyr Wrote: [ -> ]Just wanna post some of mah stuff o3o

All of mah stuff are from the funding of my parental figures, bless them.

Starting with the ACs, lelz

[Image: 1329220-45C1MGJ.jpg]

From left to right, Supplice, White Glint, and Stasis from 4/for Answer universe. All Kotobukiya models (well, obviously o3o). I finished making all of them early last year, never got a chance to post them though. I think.

Solo Supplice
[Image: 1329222-HAPBS8J.jpg]

Pros:
- Looks awesome (as most Kotobukiya kits usually do)
- Relatively easy to pose/make to stand
- Dat Grenade Launcher

Cons:
- Gun parts seem to not fit very well. Might just be my kit. You don't see it, but the left hand weapon is made of two parts, the barrel and the trigger/handle. The pegs are really lose where they connect >_>
- Small parts like the antenna and the spoiler's fins on its back can be removed accidentally while posing and you wouldn't even notice because they're so fucking SMALL. The spoiler should've been made like, two halves you just snap together instead of the body of the spoiler and the two SMALL FUCKING FINS AT THE SIDE.
- Left hand gun doesn't fit snugly. It wobbles around slightly, and with the way the hands are designed (main hand where the recess for the gun is, and a small black frame that makes the back of the hand) it can come off sometimes when you're posing.

Overall I liked it though. 8/10

Solo White Glint:
[Image: 1329224-T0S561T.jpg]

Ah, White Glint. I want to get my hands on the for Answer White Glint, but that'll have to wait a while.

Pros:
- Sturdy, all or most of its parts fit snugly and don't fall off just from lifting it.
- Beauty in simplicity. Compared to Supplice and Stasis, White Glint's design is a lot simpler and straightforward. The parts have an almost Gundam-y geometry to it, so it's pretty familiar territory.
- Dat open hand. It is the sexy.

Cons:
- Both legs are just a teensy bit loose where they're connected to the... crotch area? hip area? However you call it. Not lose enough to make it wobbly when you're making stand though, just feels loose when you're posing it.

9/10. This kit is awesomesauce.

MOTEHER FCUKIGN STASIS
[Image: 1329225-0ZB6230.jpg]

Pros:
- Looks Badass when posed
- I like the car boosters on its back XD

Cons:
- HOLY FUCK. I SWEAR TO GOD WHOEVER DESIGNED HOW STASIS WAS TO BE ASSEMBLED SHOULD SHOVE A PILEDRIVER INTO HIS RECTUM.
- SHIT MAN, HIS FEET CAN'T EVEN BE POSEDTO STAND ON THE FUCKING GROUND PROPERLY
- THOSE FUCKING MISSILES ARE LOOSE AS FUCK. LIFTING THE KIT WILL CAUSE THE ENTIRE THING MULTI MISSILE LAUNCHER UNIT TO FUCKING IMPLODE INTO A BAZILLION FUCKING PIECES
- '... have destroyed over a thousand Normals, but these hands will never hold anything...' YOU'RE FUCKING RIGHT THEY'LL NEVER HOLD ANYTHING THEY'RE ALL LOSE AS ALL HELL THE DAMN BALL JOINTS ARE SO LOSE WHEN YOU ATTACH IT TO THE HAND SOCKET THE WEIGHT OF THE GUNS MAKE THEM DROOP. DROOP FOR GADSAKES. I NEEDED TO PUT A PIECE OF PAPER IN THAT SHIT SO THEY WOULDN'T.
- HOOOOLYYYY FUUUUCK MOVING THE DAMN ARMS IS LIKE TRYING TO DIFFUSE A TIME BOMB HOW THE ARM IS ATTACHED TO THE BODY IS SO DAMN FLIMSY ONE WRONG MOVE AND THE ENTIRE ARM FUCKING IMPLODES. I SHIT YOU NOT, WHEN I TOOK THAT FUCKING PICTURE I SPENT A GOOD THIRTY MINUTES PUTTING SHIT BACK TOGETHER BECAUSE IT'S SO DAMN FRAGILE
- IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN NAMED FRAGILE, BECAUSE STASIS MEANS INACTIVITY OR EQUILIBRIUM. BUT NOOOO, KOTOBUKIYA'S ALL 'Fuck that shit, let's make this so structurally unsound it'll make bridges in China seem like the pinnacle of architecture.'
- FUCK.

... 7/10 :I (I'm not kidding about the arm thing. It imploded and I have an extra rubber PC connector piece I have no idea goes where so I'm just keeping it somewhere safe. Nice kit if you're patient and careful though.

Forgot to mention that Supplice and Stasis have their optional parts (the weights you put to balance out the AC), which is pretty cool.

Can we post these here? I dunno if I should've just made my own thread or just stash this here ._.

Hahahaha oh wow I forgot I already posted these pala. Ah well, this is more of a proper (ish... ish :I) review of them anyway. Rawr. I think I used my sister's camera for the other one. Have got to borrow that again...

You must be hoarse most of the time. All of your posts that I have noticed always have you shouting in most of them.
Tis the passion I feel for my work and what I do XD

I would like a horse though (lamepun.jpg)

I can't wait for the ACV kits to come out. I hope I can recreate my Bloody Unicorn @w@

I also just realized I've made some spelling errors. They make me cringe and want to slap myself ._.
Well I saw the starter AC and Grind Blade on amazon and it's in stock.
2.7k I think was the price of the ACV Chogokin..
(01-04-2013, 10:07 PM)clonezero Wrote: [ -> ]Just put up Stasis' left arm up and add a disco ball and he's ready to party!
Actually I got just the thing for that.
Official pics of the UCR-10/L AGNI are out Worship Scheduled for May release.

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10213776
http://main.kotobukiya.co.jp/pk/acvvi/ucr10lagni.html
This actually has most of BF's parts, just need a Chrome Eye, Starter rifle, a different set of arms, and a Lotus BR and paint
Sigh. There goes any hopes that i might've still held for any further releases of kits from the AC3-LR era.

I wonder how much that thing'll cost here?
It already costs 4600 yen in hlj, a bit overpriced I think.
If that's how much it costs in Japan then i shudder to think what it'll cost here. Local hobby shops tend to price Kotobukiya's model kits much higher than it does for Bandai-made ones.
1/72? Hindi ba 5 meters lang ang mga AC? Eh di ang liit nyan!?
(01-26-2013, 12:40 PM)Serene Wrote: [ -> ]1/72? Hindi ba 5 meters lang ang mga AC? Eh di ang liit nyan!?

Malamang kaparehas ng laki yan ng isang 1/144 na GANDAMNS kit.
Mas maliit.

1m = 100cm

500cm / 72 = 6.94 cm OR 2.73 INCHES

Mas malaki pa Dreadnought mo Pareng Poks.
Susmaryosep, magagamit ko din yung natutunan ko sa pagpintura niyan kung ganun, Pareng Bob! LOL

It's either some moron just made a mistake in doing the measurements and scaling or the kit really is pretty small.