The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: Tadakatsu
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
heres a design im using,be warned imma noob and it may suck (okay it will probably suck by some of your opinions)Im using a quad (Im unsure if this is a good idea in the first place or not though)

Head:Cicada 2 (tuned for cooling max.)

Core:C83UA (tuned to max en. defense)

arms:maque (only because loris are banned, and its tunned to half cooling half shell defense)

Legs:Lizard (tuned to shell defense)

Booster:Gull (tuned for heat)

Rad:ananda (Tuned for cooling)

Right armTongueixie, i cant live without a machine gun somewhere on my AC

Left arm: NIX, 2 machine guns are always good too.

ext:E82552

Back L: ladon

back R:WB03CGH

and my FCS is a narrow deep type.

This is my main AC,i can use it well but some enemy AC's still kill me Chair
Im sorry if I shouldve put this in Fillipino, im only 1/4 fillipino and I suck at speaking the language.
Hi Tadakatsu, welcome to RR Tongue

A quad is always a good choice in AC games, so its a good start there. Though some people find bipeds easier to handle because of their very basic controls compared to other design classes.

Aside from aesthetics, your frame design is pretty good with a balance of shell and en defense and good enough cooling to get by.

I can't really evaluate your booster/generator/radiator setup because its missing a generator Tongue. But otherwise, you already got the ANANDA and GULL nailed as good choices, just pair them up with the LOTUS or FUDOH and you're ready to go. As for weapons, I hope your right arm weapon is a PIXIE3 (not just the regular PIXIE), because the ammo is more than enough for most purposes. The LADON is alright for sniping, but I'd reconsider the decision for the use of a chain gun since it would seem redundant on your part, having 2 machine guns already equipped on your arms. Other than that, chainguns are notoriously inaccurate weapons, which limit their effectiveness to extreme short range, limiting its use. I suggest the LGL in place of the chain gun for a greater mid-range spamable weapon with a decent punch. If weight would permit it, the LADON can be beefed up to a more powerful back mount like the GL or maybe the GERYON if your generator can handle it, but if you still want to snipe, then I guess the LADON will do.

I believe your extensions are side shields? I'd drop them simply because they only work when directly hit from the side of your AC. Its not 100% full coverage for defense.

BTW, there's one good FCS for this AC, the F73H. The WS lock of your left hand combined with the ND lock of your back weapons will combine into a large, manageable and easy to use horizontally elongated lock box without compromising each weapon's effective range. Overall, the design is a good start for someone new to AC. Its got a balanced design that can deal with plenty of situations, its just that some weapons are a bit redundant.

I cant help but notice that we have a similar attitude towards tunes (maxing everything on a particular stat rather than distributing them) Tongue

Sana naintindihan mo ang isinulat ko Tongue. Kung may tanung ka man, sabihin mo lang sa amin at bibigyan ka namin ng karagdagang sagot. XD
Hi man welcome to the forums! Don't dwell so much on the "i'm a noob" stuff. We'll have none of that here. Let's face it: Armored Core really is a difficult game to learn.

And besides, your AC is far from a newbie's build, assuming your generator is the LOTUS. Tongue

But yeah, I'd ditch the Chaingun. Tongue
My Generator is lotus.
And i ditched the chaingun in favor of the lgl linear gun
I also ditched ladon for the LG back grenade launcher (at least i think its LG)

Im concerned bout my AC seeing as it has no missiles though,and now im all solid weapons although I guess having NIX and pixie 3 as right and left hand weapons would make me already experienced using solid round weps.
try this:

Head: CR-H05XS-EYE3
Core: CR-C83UA hanger
Arms: CR-A72F
Legs: CR-LF93A2
Booster: B03-VULTURE2
FCS: CR-F73H
Generator: CR-G91
Radiator: ANANDA
Inside: NONE
Extension: NONE
Back Unit R: CR-WB91LGL LINEARGUN
Back Unit L: WB02L-GERYON LASER CANNON
Arm Unit R: CR-WR84RA2 RIFLE(AST)
Arm Unit L: YWH13M-NIX MACHINEGUN
Well in my opinion you could have kept the ladon. Or you can try the Geryon. It's as awesome as the GL but in a different way.
what you also need to learn about back cannons is they have their own "lock times" to acquire a "true" lock (that is when the lock box turns red from orange when it's tracking). as far as i can remember, the LGL doesn't take a long while to acquire a true lock as in the case with most spammer cannons. the more powerful single-shot cannons DO take a while to balance them out.

anyway, the whole point of the quad is to be able to use powerful and accurate back cannons on the move. so as long as you have back cannons on your quad, you are taking advantage of this ability. having two just maximizes it as long as it isn't the same weapon, of course. Big grin