The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: sideARM
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

sideARM

Hi everyone. New to the boards and to AC as well (started like end of July lol) and I've gotten pretty good surprisingly. In any case I've even gotten used to the customizing aspect so I wanted to make something for my namesake: a pistol wielder. Here goes...

sideARM
Head: H07-CRICKET (Cooling 10)
Core: CR-YC010/UL2 (Cooling 10)
Arms: CR-A88FG (Cooling 10)
Legs: LH07-DINGO2 (Cooling 10)
Booster: CR-B83TP (Booster Heat 10)
FCS: CR-F73H
Generator: KONGOH (Energy 10)
Radiator: ANANDA (Cooling 10)
Back Unit: WB31B-PEGASUS*
Arm Unit: Dual CR-WH73H2
Hangar Unit: Dual WH09H-WRAITH
Optional: O01-AMINO, CR-O69ES, CR-O69SS, CR-O71EC, KISSYOH, CR-O79L+, O02-ORGANELLE, MARISHI
Details: High speed pistol AC. Max Boost Speed: 560/600*. Objective is to barrage enemy with bullets using speed to dodge and disorient. Boosting is done close to the ground.

There's my AC. I look forward to seeing feedback. My main concerns is that it cannot defeat the most heavily armored shell defense AC design that I have, 100% use and accuracy. Target AC stands at 10% AP. If I use the pegasus boosters, I have a concern with cooling because the heat likes to hang out mid-range in the gauge. I also want speed while keeping certain parts for aesthetic purposes. Under no circumstances will I use anything other than a pistol.
Hi and welcome to the boards. Tongue

First thing you have to look at is the calorific value stat of your generator. Think of it as a heat multiplier, the higher the number, the higher the heat it will generate. At its current setup, this AC's booster/generator/radiator combo will make heat management problematic. If you're looking to ease the management of heat, then I suggest changing the KONGOH to the LOTUS, or maybe the G91 if you have enough cooling under your current, booster, and radiator setup, but you'll have to manage your energy more often this time around. The G84P may be an option as well if you're planning on piloting under the same conditions as it is at the moment, but I discourage it due to its virtually non-existent redzone coupled with the high drain booster system.

As for Pistols, the 01HP by most standards is the best pistol in the game followed by the 69H. The 42 rounds of ammo might dissuade people from using it, but I assure you that most of those shots will hit due to the HP's accuracy, and when they hit, they hurt due to its rifle like damage. Handguns inherently have the problem of having limited firepower due to their low ammo count. The only models that I can think off that can at least lend to some degree of endurance while maintaining their ease of use would be the H3 and the 69H. Their WS lock and higher rate of fire than the H2 makes them attractive starter weapons, try them out and see if they suit your needs.