The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: Ultra Violet
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pilot Name: Sunlight
AC Name: Ultra Violet

Head: YH15-DRONE
Core: CR-C75U2 hanger
Arms: A09-LEMUR2
Legs: LH05-COUGAR
Booster: B05-GULL
FCS: MF03-VOLUTE2
Generator: CR-G91
Radiator: ANANDA
Inside: NONE
Extension: CR-E84RM2 RELATION MISSILE
Back Unit R: KINNARA MICRO MISSILE
Back Unit L: WB26O-HARPY ORBIT CANNON
Arm Unit R: WR04M-PIXIE2 MACHINEGUN
Arm Unit L: CR-WH79M2 MACHINEGUN

Arm Unit R Hanger: NONE
Arm Unit L Hanger: WH05M-SYLPH MACHINEGUN
O01-ANIMO, CR-O69ES, CR-O69SS, CR-O71EC, CR-O75LA, CR-O79L+, MARISHI,

staring off with it's build, it's defense rating is pretty good, not to mention it's mobility as a middleweight (personally, i think i can still do a few tweaking to increase it's mobility; the need for speed, i guess)

combat-wise, this Unit-o-mine is adaptable to any range, but preferably close-range combat, hence the machine guns.

i prefer to last for long-time combat, ensuring that i'll be the one left standing and still have a few more bullets left.

machine guns' weak damage potential is offset by it's number of bullets (pixie2) a complete opposite of devastating weapons like granade launchers. it's like a saying; what good is a destructive weapon if it can't even hit? if you have a LOT of bullets to spare, make use of it.

in a single reload comes out a lot of bullets. therefore, one of those shots are BOUND to hit. it may be weak, but it's better than a grenade launcher that misses, right? Chair

as for my back weapons, the micro missile launcher is for cases where the target is rather far. as for my harpy, it's mostly for causing pandemonium to the opposition. as for the extension, it only has 5 shots so i discard it quick once its out. (extensions take up energy and weight so it's better to use it quick and throw it quick)

all-in-all, it's a all-around unit; in missions, and duels.

downside:
to beat the blue pulverizer, i was forced to replace my HARPY with another KINNARA. this was the first time that i had to replace a part just to beat a mission Bye

any comments and suggestions, feel free to post...

no criticism pls Jason Domo Chair
I had a long reply typed, but FireFox crashed before I could post the reply so I'll just enumerate the points.

-Pixie3 + NIX seems to be a better combo due to its lighter weight and tighter spread pattern, allowing you to score more hits on an opponent for roughly the same total killpower.

-With the weight saved, I suggest changing the RM2 to something else. The RM2 is ineffective due to its low ammo count relative to its weight and its weird firing arc, which initially launches at a slightly upward angle.

-The backmounts are alright, though maybe upgrading them might be a good idea like a HARPY2.

-Your generator might not agree with your booster in tight situations. Try giving it a 2nd run through and see if you want to keep it.

Overall, your frame design is pretty good, it has good defense and mobility and alright cooling. Nothing I'd really change except the booster and generator combo. Weapons need a slight bit of tweaking, but are alright in my book, its just that there are better alternatives available.