The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: Himitsu Heiki
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Now for my 1337 post!

[Image: dscn0946ke2.jpg]

EYE3 (5 shell, 5 en def)
Y99UL (mostly shell def)
A72F (mostly EN def)
84L2 (Mostly shell def)
F73H
B81 (10 boost power)
KONGOH (10 battery cap)
ANANDA (10 cooling)
none
FUNI
SYAKATSURA
SPARTOI
R2
HP
none
69H

OPs: Screens, Stability, Condenser, KISSIOH, Lock speed +, Lock box +, MARISHI, Radar +.

Thanks to Nix for reminding me indirectly about this design.

A very light design designed to stay in the air and boost on the ground for extended periods and attack from stand-off ranges and from odd angles. It has decent armor at around 1700++ for shell def and 1600++ for EN defense. Ground boosting speed goes at around 350++ fully loaded, while it goes 400++ with only the guns.

Oddly enough, this originally was supposed to be a test/training unit to use against Sforzando in order to help train with vertical aiming and dodging missiles as well as semi-accurate projectiles back when he was still learning how to play AC. It turned out to be a rather viable design since it spends most of its time in the air, unreachable by many projectile weapons until they get into close range, while being able to fire back from extreme ranges, not to mention the AC being very different from the standard perception of a competitive AC.

SYAKATSURAs are designed to relentlessly distract opponents, while the SPARTOI + FUNI do bulk of the swarm damage from long range. Midrange and CC is covered by the R2 and HP + 69H, but they function more as a defensive weapon system against anyone that gets close and buy the AC some time to get out of a tight spot (Though I used them as my primary weapons in the final match with Nix in PACT 2.1, see below why).

Staying in the air gives it some advantages. For one, it can easily survey the whole map and look for the opponent easily. Especially in wide open areas with low obstacles such as AC garage and Military District. Its also quite untouchable from the optimal range it operates, which is near the very edge of its missile lock range. Due to its internals, it can float for extended periods when other ACs will give out. This presents a tactical advantage against aggressive CQ opponents who'll try to play catch up, only to be let down by their generators after in the air for a while (The typical V2 + G91 or GULL + LOTUS doesn't have the same boost endurance as a fluttering B81 + KONGOH).

In practice, I usually let the missiles run out before dropping them and using the guns. That way, the speed goes to around 400++ while the opponent is significantly worn down from the missiles. The trick is to always stay in the air, as its ground boost speed isn't really that fast (Its on the level of a fully loaded midweight with the V2s, which is not that fast for a light).

Disadvantages include being completely out in the open and lacking weapons at times. Defense could be better, but that's already pushing it considering this was built to fly. In addition the unit is pretty weak against snipers, their accuracy beats whatever missile system I can dish out. That was the reason why I had to rush in the last round of PACT 2.1, as the previous round showed this weakness when I won against Nix by 120+ AP. Accurate weaponry with a highly skilled pilot at long range puts the unit at a disadvantage as missiles tend to hit as much as the sniper weapons (or heavy accurate weapons like the GL, or the BP). That immediately told me that the stand-off tricks I used to do won't work against him, which led me to exploit the weakness of ND locks with the F73H by constantly flying around the target, shaking locks as often as possible by changing distances and altitude in the air under 200m for the duration of the fight.

In summary, I believe that this is a very tactical unit primarily built for long range fights while using its boost endurance to safely stay within proper airborne range. Close range is a secondary option but viable after both back mounts and extensions are ditched. The key to winning is staying in the right range, with the right weapons, and on the right altitudes.

Standard tactics using the AC:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DErks70N5Ig&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DErks70N5Ig&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Rush tactics using the AC:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UVb_xjTXE7Q&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UVb_xjTXE7Q&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
Had a lot of free time at work? =P
The Department of Finance is not the Department of Armored Cores! LOL
Haha, make a pretty solid first post and all you get are two spam replies.

Scratch that. Make it three. LOL
Hahaha yeah, and now Rick doesn't wanna post anymore so as to maintain his 1337ness. =P
sayang d ko cya nakalaban nung pact 2.1
Spammed? =P Anyway, I'm curious, why the SPARTOI? I've haven't explored this missile enough to answer my question.
The SPARTOIs become much more accurate the farther the opponent is for some reason in LR, but they tend to overshoot opponents when fired at shorter ranges. They make great long range, and air-to-ground missiles :p. You can also pair them up with the FUNIs for a fairly accurate, long range, swarmer combo (It used to be the RM3, but its not as accurate as it used to be in NX/NB).
I see. Cool. I'll give this a try some time.
Mind if I use this? You dont? K THNX! *runs off*

But nah seriously , Im defiantly gonna try this one out. And maybe MOD it for Tadakatsu perfection! (in other words, turn it to crap)