The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: [OLD] Clean Your Inboxes!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Two weeks from now I'll lessen member PM inbox space from 500 messages to 100. So that means, start cleaning out your inboxes from unwanted/unimportant PMs.

Also, when you delete private messages, make sure they are completely deleted (that is, they're gone even from the Trash folder).
Just curious, why?
So we can save on hard disk space as we grow.
Dun dun dun dun dun DONE!
EDIT: NEVERMIND.

[Image: PM.jpg]
theGrim Wrote:Dun dun dun dun dun DONE!

Do a few lines of text really take up that much space? How much space would we save by reducing the capacity?

My inbox is suddenly 80% full, but I'd like to keep the messages from "that guy" as evidence xD
Sforza Wrote:Do a few lines of text really take up that much space? How much space would we save by reducing the capacity?

My inbox is suddenly 80% full, but I'd like to keep the messages from "that guy" as evidence xD

About 5 megabytes out of the whole 20 that the database currently is. Yes, PMs currently take about 1/4th of the database space. I'd like to keep it at 500 for everyone but that'd pose a problem to me if I ever need to move us around. 100 is pretty generous, I think?

You can always export your PMs. Tongue
bert delete yoh messages you lazy bum... I can't pm you!!!

so Im forced to ask you here ... do you have summer classes and if yes whats your sched???
Ah, sorry I'm too lazy clearing my PMs out.

Just talk to me on YM, you lazy bum. -_-
Currently cleaning out the inbox and reading most of what's in there. Damn, has it been that long since i first joined up? Looking at all those PMs sure brought back lots of memories that i find it hard to delete a lot of them.

But they do have to go, as i'm currently sitting at a rather reddish 268% usage. Ang dami pala. Big grin
Whoops, I got 64, I'll clean it up later.