The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: Confirmation mail problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I think something's wrong with my email/forum account. I don't exactly know what. I never got a confirmation mail and none of the replies from any posts either despite the option being ticked. Ah well D:
Splitted for those who might have similar problems. I haven't put up any filters on the board's registration mechanism so I don't know why Yahoo! accounts don't get in. I checked this morning and saw another user up for confirmation.

Will look into it some more.
Just looking to update on this issue. Has anyone been having problems with mail received from RR?
OO, parang nasubscribe ako sa mga threads!
Yes. Please set the default selection to not subscribe and not receive email notification please. My mailbox is being flooded.
It's turned off now. Post here if the problem comes up again, thanks.
(01-27-2008, 12:06 PM)Cugami Wrote: [ -> ]I think something's wrong with my email/forum account. I don't exactly know what. I never got a confirmation mail and none of the replies from any posts either despite the option being ticked. Ah well D:

I noticed today that there were around 6 people waiting for their confirmation emails from the forums, and they registered like... 4 months ago. I also noticed they were using Yahoo! mail accounts.

I think it's a problem with Yahoo! Even I have problems with receiving mail from the other forums I visit where I used my old Y! email account. I'm guessing they strengthened their spam protection, but too much. Now no automated messages, whether they're spam or not, can get through.
My friend who registered under the name "eyjaynizel" today has a problem receiving his email (yahoo addy).

Would it be possible to simply activate his account? Haha, I'll vouch for him. Thanks! Smile
(03-23-2009, 03:38 PM)Sforza Wrote: [ -> ]My friend who registered under the name "eyjaynizel" today has a problem receiving his email (yahoo addy).

Would it be possible to simply activate his account? Haha, I'll vouch for him. Thanks! Smile

It seems like he received it fine? His account is already activated.
(03-24-2009, 08:22 AM)Grim Wrote: [ -> ]It seems like he received it fine? His account is already activated.

Yeah, he did. The usual yahoo spam box crap happened Smile
For some reason a friend of mine registered around 2-3 days ago, but he still hasn't received his email confirmation.

Aruren
(05-31-2009, 01:03 AM)Goat Wrote: [ -> ]For some reason a friend of mine registered around 2-3 days ago, but he still hasn't received his email confirmation.

Aruren

Activated your friend already. Consistent with the problems we've been having, it was a Yahoo! mail account. I should probably start asking the webhost questions too...
Thanks! Big grin
An update on this persistent issue. While @yahoo.com email accounts are still being blocked by the board for some weird, unknown reason, if you use the @ymail.com domain the confirmation emails get to and from your inbox.

I'm currently not aware if @yahoo.com and @ymail.com accounts are one and the same (my tests are inconclusive as of this point), but at least those wanting to register have a workaround.
Maybe you should put a notice for now that @yahoo.com addresses are having problems. Maybe some text somewhere along the registration screens.
Pages: 1 2