The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: Teh interesting tech news stub thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
(04-17-2009, 10:55 PM)Grim Wrote: [ -> ]The Pirate Bay guys are found guilty and have been sentenced to jail. Interesting tech news indeed.

...And http://www.thepirategoogle.com/ has just launched in response to the verdict LOL
Them sentencing the TPB people publicly just made their problem worse. Moar for us lurkers. Pirate
(04-24-2009, 09:40 AM)Shintetsu Wrote: [ -> ]Them sentencing the TPB people publicly just made their problem worse. Moar for us lurkers. Pirate

What made me lol was this quote.
http://blog.wired.com/27bstroke6/2009/04...rdict.html Wrote:"The verdicts are a significant symbolic victory for Hollywood, the record labels and the rest of the content industry that claims online piracy costs them billions of dollars in lost sales."

and then thepirategoogle was launched. LOL
(04-24-2009, 10:17 AM)Goat Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-24-2009, 09:40 AM)Shintetsu Wrote: [ -> ]Them sentencing the TPB people publicly just made their problem worse. Moar for us lurkers. Pirate

What made me lol was this quote.
http://blog.wired.com/27bstroke6/2009/04...rdict.html Wrote:"The verdicts are a significant symbolic victory for Hollywood, the record labels and the rest of the content industry that claims online piracy costs them billions of dollars in lost sales."

and then thepirategoogle was launched. LOL

Good lord, are they still using the "billions lost to piracy" rubbish from before?

Those figures have already been debunked:
http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/news/...piracy.ars
PLDT sez we'll have fiber by the end of the year

At a demonstration facility at the PLDT’s head office, an FTTH-enabled computer posted download speeds of up to 94.86 megabits per second (mbps) and upload rates of 69.39 mbps, according to PLDT Network head Rolando G. Peña.

Source

Dear PLDT: What about fixing your existing shitty DSL service first?
(05-26-2009, 08:23 PM)Sforza Wrote: [ -> ]PLDT sez we'll have fiber by the end of the year

At a demonstration facility at the PLDT’s head office, an FTTH-enabled computer posted download speeds of up to 94.86 megabits per second (mbps) and upload rates of 69.39 mbps, according to PLDT Network head Rolando G. Peña.

Source

Dear PLDT: What about fixing your existing shitty DSL service first?

yes and put globe in that shitty dsl service too. Facepalm
Hey, hey, Globe's service here in Alabang ain't that shitty. Uptime is very consistent. It's their latency that REALLY REALLY REALLY BLOWS.

But yay, we finally have fiber!
i'd rather have hemp fiber but this works too =D
I dunno, globe seems to be erratic here, and what's worse is i can't play with pldt....it lags so much....so i can't fight with Grim and BIKE MONEY!~!~@!@~@!
How 'bout SkyBro? o.O

I think that speed will come at a very steep price, knowing PLDT.
(05-27-2009, 06:47 PM)Hempire Wrote: [ -> ]...what's worse is i can't play with pldt....it lags so much....so i can't fight with Grim and BIKE MONEY!~!~@!@~@!

Like I said, uptime is consistent.

But like you, I have some trouble playing online with PLDT. And I can't play with Smart Bro AT ALL. -_- Mas maganda pa latency with people from Malaysia. -_-
Microsoft announces their new search engine Bing, Google immediately steals thunder by announcing Google Wave. Nice one.
Yep, Bing's pretty awesome. But Wave is way beyond awesome! That shit deserves its own thread.
Hrm. google wave sure is showing a lot of promise in functions but can anybody really absorb all of its functions at once? :/
HTML 5 is pretty tricky to work with afaik. I don't know if it'll make it through unscathed (to say the least).
It's still under development so there's still a long way to go. But as it is, it's overflowing with potential. It'll be like a super twitter/email/IM/BBS/Flickr all rolled in one.

And even in the unlikely event that it fails, at least it'll show everyone that so much more can be done with the web.
Palm Pre hits shelves in one hour. I want one, but my mom and aunt don't want me getting any phone that isn't supported by their Verizon plans. :/
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19