The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: Teh interesting tech news stub thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
Quote:'PSP2’ will even use a media format to make sure retail has a part to play in the console’s lifecycle by selling physical software.

Imagine.... blu-ray UMD's. I think I'll wait for it to get hacked. Though thinking of a portable PS3 with HD screen IS quite tempting.

Can it play psp & ps2 games? LOL
The Internet is Running Out of Space…Kind of

Interesting, especially since IPv4 and IPv6 aren't compatible. For a more visual representation of the new standard, have another read.
(01-24-2011, 01:48 PM)Grim Wrote: [ -> ]The Internet is Running Out of Space…Kind of

Interesting, especially since IPv4 and IPv6 aren't compatible. For a more visual representation of the new standard, have another read.

the malayan calendar was right!!!!

2012 is the end of the WORLD!!!!!!
(01-25-2011, 03:55 PM)atdsutm Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-24-2011, 01:48 PM)Grim Wrote: [ -> ]The Internet is Running Out of Space…Kind of

I's thinkin' yer referring to the Mayan calendar, matey. Pirate
(01-25-2011, 04:23 PM)Fox Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-25-2011, 03:55 PM)atdsutm Wrote: [ -> ]

I's thinkin' yer referring to the Mayan calendar, matey. Pirate

Mayan calendar = real world
Malayan calendar = The other world (Internetz) ends in 2011. Ninja

They'll think of something. Almost every human is internet dependent nao. Specially trolls.

PSP2/NGP

If you want to get updated on the live interview in the meantime.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/01/2...ting-2011/

Quote:23:28
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: He's showing a cutscene from MGS4 rendered on the NGP.

I hope they'll port Vanquish too. LOL

EDIT:

Wall of text.

Quote:Wednesday January 26, 2011
22:02
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: Welcome to Tokyo for PlayStation Meeting 2011! I know it's quite late for many of you in the US, and quite early for those of you in Europe and elsewhere. It's 3pm here and we're about to get underway.
22:02
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: /Users/jrubenstein/Desktop/tokyo/IMG_1177.jpg
22:03
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: Hey, that didn't work, did it?
22:04
SidShuman: that I see!
22:04
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: that's better Smile
22:05
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: "We will beginning momentarily, please take your seats"
22:06
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: For the record, we're in a very, very large ballroom in the Park Prince, and there are over 1000 people in attendance.
22:07
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: And here we go!
22:08
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: President and Group CEO of Sony Computer Entertainment Kaz Hirai on stage
22:08
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: "We're here to discuss strategies and possibilities for the PlayStation business moving forward."
22:09
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: "Let me start off by showing you video footage. It is the same clip we showed at E3 5 1/2 years ago, because we want to revisit the image of the future we revealed in 2005"
22:11
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: The video is entitled "Cyber Society" and is a forward looking piece (circa 2005)
22:12
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: Kaz Hirai: "I believe a lot of what we envisioned back then has materialized for our users."
22:13
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: "Today, I'd like to speak about a whole new world that PlayStation is about to bring to reality"
22:14
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: "PS3 has won its place as the center of the living room"
22:15
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: "Today, more than 80% of PS3 consoles are connected to the internet"
22:15
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: "We have exceeded over 69 million PSN accounts as of January 25th"
22:16
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: "How about the world outside the living room? The world of portable gaming offers another value for video games"
22:17
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: "Games are closer to you than ever, and accessible anywhere, any time"
22:17
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: "Now the world of portable has undergone a huge change since the release of PSP"
22:18
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: "There was a time when the only way to play games on the road was via a dedicated gaming device like the PSP"
22:18
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: "We as a platform holder must address the constant changes in the market"
22:19
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: "When we released PSP, cell phone providers were unable to deliver PlayStation quality content. After 6 years, these multi-function handheld devices are ready for PlayStation-like experiences"
22:19
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: "The question is, how do we deliver PlayStation level experience to a wider audience?"
22:20
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: "I want to share with you one possible solution: Ladies and gentlemen, today we are announcing PlayStation Suite"
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: "It expands the PlayStation experience beyond the PSP border. It is the first cross platform endeavor"
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: "PS Suite will make PS content available on Android smartphones and tablets"
22:21
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: "The target platform of PS Suite is Android. We will also launch PlayStation Certified to perform content-quality testing in order to ensure PS quality across various devices"
22:22
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: "Users have freedom of choice of their preferred hardware"
22:23
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: "PS Suite provides a new framework that supports the development of games for portable devices"
22:23
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: "This new game framework is designed to attract as many developers as possible"
22:24
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: PS Suite is a hardware-neutral game framework.
22:24
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: "We are preparing to launch PlayStation Store for Android-based devices"
22:25
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: "By delivering PS content over a wider array of devices, we hope to expand the world of PlayStation"
22:26
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: "The possibilities to produce new forms of entertainment are nearly limitless"
22:26
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: "PlayStation Suite content is slated to be available within the next calendar year"
22:27
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: "At the same time, we want to pursue what PS has always strived for - and ultimate portable experience"
22:27
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: "Here's the successor system to PlayStation Portable, codenamed "NGP"
22:28
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: "A new interface that translates actions into inputs"
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: "Location based entertainment"
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: "converging real and virtual worlds via augmented reality"
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: And now, a video...
22:30
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: "The power is now in your hands"
22:30
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: Kaz back on stage...
22:31
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: "Let us show you what this new experience will be like"
22:32
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: We're seeing NGP - dual analogs sticks, 5 inch OLED display, 3G and GPS, front and rear touchpads, electronic compass on 3 axes. Awesome iconography on the back.
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: And Kaz has pulled NGP out of his pocket.
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: [We'll have pics on the blog shortly]
22:33
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: BTW, these are analog sticks, not nubs like on the current PSP. They're raised from the surface.
22:33
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: "the OLED boasts 4x the resolution of the current PSP"
22:34
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: [We'll have full specs for you later tonight]
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: There are cameras on both the front and rear of the device.
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: There will be physical media for games, a New Game Media, a flash memory-based card.
22:35
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: "We will also incorporate 3G networks and accessibility in addition to Wi-Fi"
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: "NGP will be released starting from the holiday season this year"
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: Now President of SCE Worldwide Studios, Shuhei Yoshida joins Kaz on stage.
22:37
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: He is going to show "part of many titles currently being developed"
22:38
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: franchises shown: Hot Shots Golf, Gravity Daze, Killzone, Reality Fighters, Smart As, Broken, LBP, Little Deviants, WipEout, Resistance, and Uncharted (!)
22:39
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: Now he is going to play Uncharted live on stage
22:39
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: "The first thing you'll notice is the large and beautiful screen"
22:40
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: Compared to a smartphone's 3.5" display, the NGP displays about twice the size.
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: "You can tilt the console and you can see the images clearly from every angle"
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: "Perfect for users like me who like to lie down while playing games"
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: "The most frequent request from PSP users was to add a right-side analog stick"
22:41
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: "We have developed a 'micro analog stick.' Despite its small size, it delivers a Dualshock experience"
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: "So lets play this game"
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: He's traversing a jungle environment with Nathan Drake.
22:42
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: Which is awesome Happy
22:42
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: You can use the touchscreen to jump, or the X button. As Drake is on a vine, you can rock the NGP back and forth to generate momentum.
22:43
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: As Drake climbs up, he can climb using the rear touch panel, "As if you're climbing a vine with both hands"
22:43
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: "Movements like that can deliver a very intuitive feeling"
22:44
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: On NGP can use the touch panel to have Drake traverse a cliffside.
22:44
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: A stealth melee kill with the touch screen... "bye bye"
22:45
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: "I get extremely excited when I think of all the new worlds that will evolve on NGP with innovative game developers"
22:45
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: Shu leaves the stage to Kaz Hirai.
22:46
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: Now we are joined by Muneki Shimada from Software development.
22:46
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: Shimada-san talking about the design: We call it the "Super Oval design" for long play sessions.
22:47
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: It should be noted at this point, it's not a slider like the PSPgo, but a 'bar' design.
22:47
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: The touchscreen allows actions like touch, grab, trace, push, and pull.
22:48
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: Now Shuhei Yoshida is back, showing "Little Deviants."
22:48
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: This colorful game features heavy use of the rear touch panel. HIs finger creates hills that move the characters along.
22:49
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: The touchscreen on the back is the same size as the OLED screen, so the location of your finger is mapped directly to the game screen.
22:49
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: Tapping the rear of the screen makes characters jump. Yoshida-san is showing multi-touch operation on the rear panel.
22:50
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: Using the front touch panel, he can move the camera around. He's using both touch panels at the same time to do complex moves.
22:51
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: "A completely different experience from anything we've known in the past"
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: Now Kaz is talking about "Live Area"
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: sorry, one word: LiveArea
22:52
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: every game will utilize LiveArea, which will have news of each game.
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: Now Shimada-san is talking about the new UI.
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: Trophies are clearly shown Happy
22:53
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: The LiveArea UI is the gateway to the games. From there you can launch the game, launch the store (for DLC, for example).
22:53
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: He's booting up Hot Shots Golf Next.
22:54
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: You can jump back and forth between the game and LiveArea. You can communicate in LiveArea and see others playing the game, and what they're doing in the game.
22:54
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: You can comment on your friends activities, like if they had a great score or hit other milestones.
22:55
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: "LiveArea adds depth to the traditional entertainment experience."
22:55
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: They are talking about compatibility with mobile networks now.
22:56
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: You can send messages back and forth in real time via this LiveArea interface.
22:56
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: Now to talk location-based entertainment, and the "Near" feature
22:57
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: Near shows where you've traveled throughout town (Tokyo being shown as an example)
22:58
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: You can see the most popular title played in an area, like the busy Shibuya district.
22:58
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: Near detects what others are playing and doing in your vicinity.
23:01
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: You can see what others are playing, and even buy the game from the Near interface. Other features planned, location-based gaming elements, and meeting new gamers.
23:01
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: Now Kaz Hirai is talking augmented reality, like in Eyepet, Invizimals, and other PS Move titles.
23:02
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: Yoshida-san back on stage.
23:02
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: He's playing Hot Shots Golf. It looks at least as good as HSG for PS3.
23:03
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: Once you line up your shot, you can enter a first person view, and as he moves the NGP, it's like he's looking through a window to the golf course.
23:04
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: You can look at your feet and tee up the golf ball.
23:05
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: Now he tees off using the X button as you might be used to from previous HSG games.
23:05
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: [middle of the fairway, in case you were wondering]
23:06
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: Kaz back on: Content newly developed on PlayStation Suite will also work on NGP
23:07
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: "The Suite means that hopefully we'll be able to work with developers we haven't worked with in the past."
23:08
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: "Of course you can play downloadable PSP titles on NGP."
23:09
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: Kaz Hirai identifies folks from Capcom, Sega, Tecmo Koei, Konami, Epic, and Activision here today.
23:09
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: Jun Takeuchi from Capcom is speaking.
23:10
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: Takeuchi thanks us for the success of Monster Hunter Portable 3 - over 4 million copies sold.
23:10
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: OK, back to NGP.
23:11
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: He is showing MHP 3rd on NGP.
23:12
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: for those of you asking, NGP is larger than PSP 3000. The screen is huge, and there is room for 2 analog sticks, of course.
23:12
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: "The analog stick feels great. You can quote me" OK, done Smile
23:14
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: "MT Framework is Capcom's gaming engine... and we are getting ready for NGP as well"
23:14
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: He's showing Lost Planet 2 cutscenes rendered in realtime on NGP.
23:15
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: "The NGP environment is very flexible and very easy to develop for"
23:16
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: "Today I'm not announcing any new titles, but before long we will be able to announce new titles for NGP."
23:17
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: Next up: Toshihiro Nagoshi from Sega.
23:19
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: He is showing Yakuza rendered in realtime on NGP.
23:20
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: They're using PS3 shaders, etc on the NGP.
23:21
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: He is looking forward to developing for the "networked game experience"
23:22
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: Akihiro Suzuki from Tecmo Koei is up next.
23:22
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: "It is a great pleasure to enter NGP game-making"
23:24
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: He's showing a Musou game with the touch screen. Enemies are selected, and then the samurai destroys them all in stylish fashion.
23:24
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: A focus attack can also be launched using the touch screen.
23:25
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: Not your typical Dynasty Warriors experience.
23:25
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: "Those are all ideas, but we'll be experimenting with that. I'm sure we'll be able to develop a title that looks and feels different than in the past"
23:26
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: "A lot of titles could be ported to NGP, but also could leverage the features on NGP"
23:27
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: And now... Hideo Kojima!
23:27
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: "There's no announcement of a new title today, but I'd like to talk about the future perspective"
23:28
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: He's showing a cutscene from MGS4 rendered on the NGP.
23:29
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: It's the scene early on where Snake gets the Solid Eye...
23:29
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: Kojima: this scene was exported directly to NGP.
23:30
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: "On NGP, we can enjoy the same quality as PS3."
23:31
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: "When we launched Peace Walker for PSP, this is what I said: In the near future there will be a world of cloud computing... I really believe that you can have a portable MGS and Peace Walker was an experiment for the cloud computing future. NGP allows this cloud computing."
23:33
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: "What I'd like to realize is playing on your PS3, and when you go out, you put the game on your NGP, and when you come back home, you can once again use your PS3 and large screen TV."
23:33
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: "This dream is going to come true in the near future. And right now, I'm working on this project of the dream. I'm sorry, I can't reveal this now. But we'd like to present what we're doing at E3"
23:34
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: OK, Tim Sweeney from Epic games here now...
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: Unreal Engine 3 is shown operating on the NGP.
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: I think it's their "Epic Citadel" demo.
23:35
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: It's a flyby of a city during a light snowstorm. It looks good.
23:36
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: "This is made possible by Sony's multi-core GPU... which is roughly 4x as powerful as any portable we've previously seen"
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: "Now we're going to show Dungeon Defenders"
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: I've played a build of this game on PS3... apparently it was ported to NGP in about a week!
23:37
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: "Its gameplay experience by its console controls for movement and touch screen controls for interaction"
23:38
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: "We're very excited and think you'll be stunned at what's possible on Sony's next generation portable platform."
23:39
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: Now Philip Earl from Activision is on stage.
23:39
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: 3 words: Call of Duty
23:40
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: "We believe that NGP will change the way people play games on the go, and what better way to prove that, than with Call of Duty"
23:40
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: "We believe CoD for NGP will set the bar for the next generation of portable gaming"
23:41
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: "When considering the OLED screen, dual analog sticks, touch screens, and social connectivity options, the possibilities are endless"
23:41
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: and now Kaz is back on stage.
23:42
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: once more, CoD NGP Smile
23:43
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: A scrolling list of developers who "have expressed their support of NGP." It's pretty much everyone you can think of.
23:43
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: Kaz Hirai is summing up.
23:45
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: "We really hope for your continued support of PlayStation. I'd like to close PlayStation Meeting 2011. Thank you very much"
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: OK, that's it! Refresh the blog for a note from SCEA CEO Jack Tretton.
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: Thanks for staying up late with us, and I hope you're as excited for the possibilities as we are.
23:46
Jeff Rubenstein, PlayStation.Blog: Over the next day or so, we'll have more for you here on PlayStation Blog. Good night!
*fastforward time*
PSP2 Homebrew (O_____O)
(01-27-2011, 03:30 PM)Hempire Wrote: [ -> ]*fastforward time*
PSP2 Homebrew (O_____O)

Lol ultra-portable Linux! LOL
http://www.engadget.com/2011/01/27/the-sony-psp2/

i might get this ones it is cracked

AND DUAL ANALOGS YEAH!!!!!!!

its possible to port game saves from PS3 to NGP

It's starting to look like a smartphone. Blink
http://www.geek.com/articles/mobile/noki...-20110211/

Nokia partners with Microsoft. Nokia employees not happy.
Oh, and I don't like it, either. =/
It's like the Galactic Empire merging with the Romulan Star Empire. Blink
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19