The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: How do you like your Anime?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
You can pick at most 2 choices...

As for me, I like mine in Filipino Dub [for that homey feel] and Japanese Dubs with Subs.
same here
Original Japanese audio with English subtitles is usually the best.

But recent Filipino dubs have been excellent. Sometimes, they're even funnier than the original! Case in point: Hero TV's Yakitate Japan.
Since i am ever so insufferably lazy, i mostly prefer anything that i watch to not have anything to read, hence my preference for dubs that i can understand. However, i seem to have incurred a whole helluva lot of subbed titles (more than 60% of my collection is subbed) so i guess i'm sorta contradicting myself.

Basically, i try to look for dubs first. If i can't find it anywhere or it takes too much to purchase an original boxed set, i go for the subs.
I can't stand english voice overs, they don't sound natural.
LOL Wai till you hear the Indian Dubs.
IMHO, it will depend on the quality of the crew that's going to do the dubbing. I make no exceptions for Japanese studios - even they have their run of bad eggs from time to time.

Heck, I remember a time when I ended up becoming an anime fan by watching the locally dubbed version of Yu Yu Hakusho. Indeed - work of that quality is become scarce these days.

I say we shoot the current generations of scriptwriters for having the gall to use excessive amount of Taglish! Arrrr!Chair

And whatever you do - for the love of God - STAY AWAY FROM THE 4KIDS DUBS!
Any kind of dubbing is better than WORLD SUPER POLICE
NiX Wrote:Any kind of dubbing is better than WORLD SUPER POLICE

amen
Nah, I'll have to disagree with you people. WORLD SUPER POLICE wins. They're pretty good and one of the best dubbers I've ever heard.
World Super Police is so bad at voice acting it has some really good entertainment value. It's so bad at being good, its become quite good.

In any case, my overall preference for anime is in its original Japanese dubbing with English subtitles. English dubbing is seriously affected by the quality of voice actors and the script. (Example: Resident Evil 4's dialog where they had decent voice actors though the script is quite goofy at times.)
To be fair, WSP is quite entertaining. Too bad the designers didn't plan it that way. The game's characters' lines just tried too damn hard. Especially the captain with that oh-so-lecherous grin.

It makes the voice acting in the RE series sound decent in comparison.
Kakaibang Laro yun...
Girls, Ingat sa mga DOM na Officer...

Anyways, anyone here still remember Peter Pan, the one dubbed by Earl Ignacio?
Serene Wrote:Anyways, anyone here still remember Peter Pan, the one dubbed by Earl Ignacio?

I remember that! Grade school! Good times.

I actually had a crush on freakin' Wendy. Lol at being a kid. Smile)

By the way as much as I love original dubbing, sometimes reading while watching is just too much of a pain. In these cases I opt to just watch and listen to English voiceovers.
Go Wendy~!!

Anyways
There more anime that have good dubbing here...
In channel 2 and 7, lalo na yung mga luma na novel based anime ng 2 back in '94 to '99.
I really liked Little Women 2 back then. Cedie and Princess Sarah still brings good memories.
Pages: 1 2