The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: LR: Fenrir
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
AC Name: Fenrir

Head: SR2 (100,0,0,0,0)
Core: E2 (100,0,0,0,0)
Arms: XS (50,0,50,0,0)
Legs: COUGAR2 (0,0,0,0,100)

Boosters: VULTURE2 (100,0,0,0)
FCS: D2
Generator: G91 (50,50,0)
Radiator: R92 (100,0,0)
Extensions: FUNI
Back L: DRYAD
Back R: GERYON3
Arm R: 93RL
Arm L: ELF3

Optionals: all energy weapon upgrades, all defense upgrades, and PRIMER and lock box enhancer

This is my number one AC and my most used. I get close to the enemy AC and peg them with EO and RL shots, then I back off and use the missiles or the laser cannon. I like to blade them if I get close enough. So what do guys think?
OK, the design is usable for the most part, but it suffers from some big problems. Some part choices could've been better.

I have no major qualms with your frame. It's solid and reliable. If you want more defense though you could swap the XS arms for Macaque.

I believe that your FCS choice is tied to your use of a back cannon, correct? You're using D2 so you can lock on targets with the Geryon3 from further off. The one major disadvantage you have there, being a biped, is that you have to kneel to even lock on to targets, leaving you very open to attack. Imagine this: once your opponent sees you kneeling, he/she'll just back off and fire missiles. By the time you're standing up the missiles will have hit. That. among other reasons, is why no one really uses back cannons on a biped/RJ.

Lose the Geryon3. I know that it's a big part of the design, but you'll get lighter, move faster, and have more spare energy. Don'y worry about killpower, the RL alone is sometimes enough to down ACs. With the cannon gone, you can take out D2 for Miroku, which is THE FCS you should use when using only one gun.

Next, the R92. You don't need it. Tongue Use Ananda. Vulture2 + G91 + Ananda is the most stable combination in LR, so that shouldn't give you problems at all.

I actually like the way the Dryad + Funi combo fires. The flight path is sort of unconventional, so I'd leave them as they are.

For your optionals, go with Amino, ES, SS, L+, Primer, and Marishi. Then choose between Kissyoh or Codon.
What good will the Geryon3 do for this AC? You have to kneel to use it, it has a long lockon time, and you don't have an OB core to get out of the kneel relatively quickly. You will dig yourself a hole by using it.

Get rid of the Dryad, there are better missile launchers in the game than that thing. I say drop the Dryad for the Nymphe, Satryos, or a Micro missile pack, Kinnara prefered. Drop the Geryon3 for the RA radar and switch your head from the SR2 to the S2 or S4. That will free up a lot of weight, so you can redistribute your tunes to defense or EN defense. Ananda over R92.

The E2 can be replaced with the 89E or GAEA, which IMO are better in the long run.
Good suggestions, but if i'm going to switch my back cannon I'm going to switch to the RPX rockets for the firepower. I will definitely switch my rad to the ANANDA because I never seem to overheat anyway. I'm going to stick with the core though because its light and it is the secondary basis of my close range attack. I will switch whatever else I can to further decrease the weight so I can tune for defense.