The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: Fatum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Fatum (fate)

[Image: Eridanus.jpg]

Frame
EYE2 - 30 cooling, 50 solid defense, 20 energy defense
10/UL2 - 20 cooling, 40 solid defense, 30 energy defense
94FL - 60 cooling, 40 solid defense
4L2 - 30 cooling, 30 solid defense, 40 max leg weight

Internal and motive parts
GULL - 100 booster heat
F73H
G91 - 100 energy output
ANANDA - 30 energy drain, 70 cooling

Weapons and Equipment
FUNI
MAGORAGA
73RS
HP
69H
69H

Optionals
AMINO
069ES
069SS
071EC
079L+
CODON
MARISHI

A design i've been toying around with recently. Good mobility and the weapons are the best i can mount on so light a frame. Quite satisfied with it's performance although i haven't really been too happy with the cooling performance. Any suggestions?

Oh, and is there anything better that i can swap the HP out for? Thanks!
Keep the HP.

I say switch the Gull for the Birdie2. This looks like something you will boost hop a lot with instead of prolonged boosting. This will help with cooling because of the lower booster heat of the Birdie2. Birdie2 also helps with your OB

Other than that. I like it a lot.
Gull and G91 will definitely have a tendency to heat your AC up. Especially with ANANDA not tuned to 100% cooling.

Since you're a lightweight, I suggest a booster with higher acceleration like VULTURE, BIRDIE, BIRDIE2, or at least VULTURE2. That way, you'll be able to dodge more (and run a lot cooler than you would with GULL).

I don't particularly like having both MAGORAGA and FUNI on an AC too because both parts are very much on the drainy side. If you can afford to put something else, you'll get a big boost in surplus energy.

But yeah, nice AC.

EDIT: And depending on how much you'll be using your OB, you may want to consider adding much more cooling.
@Crimson
Yo, welcome back, Crim! Where've you been? Did switch out the GULL for BIRDIE2. Not too happy that the speed dropped quite a bit but at least the heat's been taken care of. Boost-hopping has been my style ever since AC3 so not much trouble there.

@NiX
Tried switching the MAGORAGA for a NYMPHE2 and a SATYROS but i found out that i prefer having most of firepower delivered at once. Besides, the missiles are more for distraction purposes than for actual damaging.

Anyways, thanks for the help guys. I was thinking of maybe using this one this saturday (after more finetuning) since i'm rather curious how it'll stand up against a live opponent.
The Satyros works good for that "double-cloud" effect, assuming you fire when it locks on twice. You can always go with the Karuna (I think that is what they are...the 70 shot micros), they have a better flight pattern. Or you can go with the RM3 (Weight permitting) to help with lower drain and such,
Get the VULTURE2+G91+ANANDA, the most common combination ever imo. Lol.

Or get some cheese by using an underweight mid biped then try using the 75MT+RM3. Tongue