The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: The mobile defense platform...sort of
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just worked on this recently...

Pilot Name: Raven Master
AC Name: CH001-Chaos

Head: YH12-MAYFLY (WEIGHT 100%)
Core: C01-GAEA (WEIGHT 20%, COOLING 20%, DEF SHELL/EN 30%)
Arms: CR-A88FG (AIMING ACCURACY 100%)
Legs: LH05-COUGAR (MAX LEG WEIGHT 100%)
Booster: B02-VULTURE (WEIGHT 40%, BOOST POWER/HEAT 30%)
FCS: KOKUH
Generator: KONGOH (EN OUTPUT/CONDENSER CAP 50%)
Radiator: RAGORA (WEIGHT/EN DRAIN 30%, COOLING 40%)
Inside: NONE
Extension: SAISUI ENERGY PACK
Back Unit R: CR-WB91LGL LINEARGUN
Back Unit L: CR-WB91LGL LINEARGUN
Arm Unit R: CR-WR93RL LINEAR RIFLE
Arm Unit L: CR-WH05RLA LINEAR RIFLE(AST)

Arm Unit R Hanger: NONE
Arm Unit L Hanger: NONE
O01-ANIMO, CR-O71EC, CR-O75LA, CR-O79L+, O04-GOLGI, O06-PHAGE

I know the thing has to kneel to bring the LGL to bear, but the GAEA EOs should prevent any would-be attackers from even getting close.

As for the LGLs, their stun power should be good enough that I have enough time to squeeze in another round before the opposing AC can move again.

Maybe I put too much linear weaponry...or not. The stun is too tempting...
If you really want to use the LGL (yep it's a great weapon), try using a quad so that you can continuously pummel your enemy without compromising movement. Better yet, try the LHT or the BOAR tank legs.

As for this AC, I really suggest you change the LGLs to something else. But if you insist, I'll leave it alone. However, there are a lot of parts here that you can tone down to improve overall performance.

For starters, regarding the FG arms, don't bother tuning it to aiming accuracy. It's not worth it.

COUGAR is nice for its capacity but also try the S3 legs or maybe the "heavyweight" FA legs.

And since you're using a heavy AC, try BIRDIE2 which allows for fast boost hopping. Don't bother boost-dashing with it though. Or maybe try VULTURE2 for the boost power.

Try tuning KONGOH to capacity all the way. Since KONGOH's output is already incredibly high, tuning for output doesn't really give you much value per tuning point. Kumbaga, hindi sulit. Mas sulit kung lahat sa capacity ng generator.

There's also no reason at all to be using the RAGORA. It's simply too heavy. ANANDA is good enough. If you're conscious about your cooling, R92 will be good enough. If you wanna cool your AC down without needing a badass radiator, try using the G84P generator instead of KONGOH... or... should I say it? ... the G91.

Happy designing!
Tama si nix. Use a quad. or a tank. Hindi to magiging mobile defenese platform kung immobile ka.
Also try using an OB core instead of EO, for quick getaways if you want to stick with bipedal legs.
Put all the tuning on KONGOH to condenser cap, changed the legs to LIZARD and the radiator to R92...
Ooh...
Now it really is a mobile defense platform...

I'm thinking of changing the right LGL to LAMIA...
Any other suggestions?
Ah well if you're using the LIZARD legs, then you can definitely settle for just ANANDA because quads already have very high base cooling.
--
edit: Note however that quads need to boost-dash a lot. Hence, you'll probably do better if you use a generator that has high endurance OR use a booster that doesn't drain too much.
--
LAMIA is a good weapon but it'll be kinda redundant if you put it on an AC that already has LGL. This is because both are rapid-fire weapons with similar effective ranges.

So for your back cannons, choose between LAMIA and LGL for one shoulder (choose only one) and try a long-barrel back cannon such as the grenade launcher, or the geryon series, or the ladon series for your other shoulder.