The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: [OLD] Welcome back, and welcome to v3.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well, it was delayed, but we're finally here, on a reliable server. Yahoo.

Everything's still not back up, but over the next couple of days it should be. Just give me some time to work all the kinks out.

There's a problem with some of the passwords like I warned you guys a looong time ago: they don't get carried over. So when you log in and you get unceremoniously kicked out because it doesn't recognize your password, just report it as lost. The board will ask for the email address you used to sign up, and in return mail you a new super secret message. Just follow the instructions and bam!, you're here.

If you're going to have problems with that (because you were, oh I dunno, using a bogus email addy), just try to catch me on chat sometime, we'll fix it. Or post in the Help Desk.

Also, there seems to be some trouble with logging out for some people. If you're one of them, just clear your cache and browser cookies. Or don't log out from the forums, log out from the portal. There's a nice quick link to it at the bottom of every page.

It's a shame we couldn't have launched v3 before my hard drive was wiped, we would've hit the ground with some awesome skins up for use. As it is, I have to recreate those first. You will all have to make do with this rather spartan blue and white first.

Oh yeah, I want to take this time to advertise this new neat (albeit rather pointless) feature:
Oooh, spoiler tags. Tasty.

That's not the only thing.

We now have quick editing, to go along with the fast reply. Yehey.
There's multi-quoting too, for when you feel like arguing and quoting tons of text.
Maximum avatar sizes are now 150x150. It's the freedom of having 50GB of monthly bandwidth.

To use the spoiler tags, do this:

Code:
[sp]Your text here[/sp]

To use multi-quoting, just click on the +Quote buttons beneath the posts you want to quote. You can select more than 1 post (of course, it's the point), and you can do so over multiple pages. When you're ready to quote them, just go to your quick reply box and press "Quote these posts now." Simple.

The other new stuff I'll leave for you all to discover. True to my word, there's now only one account for every person on the entire domain. That means: same account for portal, forums and gallery. Hell, you even log in directly into chat.

So far the only downside I can think of is that the old topic links will no longer work. To fix them, just do this:

Previous URL format: <a href="#">http://www.ravenrepublic.cjb.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=xxx</a>
Current URL format: <a href="#">http://www.ravenrepublic.cjb.net/forums//showthread.php?tid=xxx</a>

The value after the equal sign should be the same.

That's it. Anything else I missed, feel free to ask about. Again, welcome! Now let me go to sleep. Tongue
I like the new setup.
It will take a little getting used to, but still.

It's a little more better than before...

<center>PWEDE NA AKONG MAG CENTER</center>

Oooh...
Coding withwout the dohtml tag...

<font size="20"><center>ASTEG!!</center></font>

Thank you Mix for relieving us of such a burden~!

What's Reputaion for?
Serene Wrote:Thank you Mix for relieving us of such a burden~!

What's Reputaion for?

No problem, it's my pleasure doing these things.

Reputation is a newfangled feature of the boards. Basically it's how good other people think you are based on what you say and hopefully on how you play. You can give people a positive or a negative rating. In short it's the karma system from GameFAQs.

I'm still thinking about how to actually use this, because:

1. Should anyone really care?
2. It's open to abuse.
I suppose the reputation system works for gamefaqs because we all know the reputation of the posters there. LOL Here, however, it probably doesn't do much difference since most of us have met in real life. Tongue

And excellent job master grim! your dedication is unparalleled.

P.S. My password was carried over. Tongue
NiX Wrote:I suppose the reputation system works for gamefaqs because we all know the reputation of the posters there. LOL

QFT and lulz. Smile)

Your password brings nothing but good news to me man, that'll lighten up some of my duties. And headache. Hehe. Now, back to stripping this place of the godawful blue and white...

By the way guys, maybe you can help. Some of the quote tags didn't make it across the conversion properly, and so now they end up destroying the format of the forums. If you have powers of editing (like if the post is yours or you're a mod), please use them. If you don't, notify me.
man its a bit confusing but Im loving it AND THIS IS STILL MY THIRD POST!

the up side is the avatar doesn't really have a real limit XD joke I won't exploit it INTENTIONALLY...
clonezero Wrote:the up side is the avatar doesn't really have a real limit XD joke I won't exploit it INTENTIONALLY...

Yeah, somehow the board doesn't resize your avatar to the allowable dimensions like back in IPB, when you load one that's bigger than the threshold. Still finding a fix for that.

Basically it means you have to resize your avatar on your own. Otherwise I'll have to take it down.
gotta admit, I really, REALLY, REALLY like the new forums.

hehe. now to have some fun.
Grimlok Wrote:
clonezero Wrote:the up side is the avatar doesn't really have a real limit XD joke I won't exploit it INTENTIONALLY...

Yeah, somehow the board doesn't resize your avatar to the allowable dimensions like back in IPB, when you load one that's bigger than the threshold. Still finding a fix for that.

Basically it means you have to resize your avatar on your own. Otherwise I'll have to take it down.

haha quick reply quoting is fun anyway

just to say it boss grim had to make me reduce my avatar size twice T_T the cruel man XD joke
Crap diggety damn, nakalimutan ko!

Please set back your birthdays in your profiles. We need to greet you on your birthday or we'll die!
whats the code used for placing spoilers I don't see it in the reply page >_<

lol first to give someone a positive reputation here wahahahahaha!

oh yeah can someone revoke his/her reputation vote? as in maybe I changed my mind about boss G and I want to give him a negative rep instead can I do that????

"Your user ID could not be verified to log you out. This may have been because a malicious Javascript was attempting to log you out automatically. If you intended to logout, please click the Logout button at the top menu."

waaah can't log out ... I am pressing the button said here but it won't log me out ... oh yeah Um using mozilla firefox FYI
clonezero Wrote:"Your user ID could not be verified to log you out. This may have been because a malicious Javascript was attempting to log you out automatically. If you intended to logout, please click the Logout button at the top menu."

waaah can't log out ... I am pressing the button said here but it won't log me out ... oh yeah Um using mozilla firefox FYI

On the first post, I Wrote:Also, there seems to be some trouble with logging out for some people. If you're one of them, just clear your cache and browser cookies. Or don't log out from the forums, log out from the portal. There's a nice quick link to it at the bottom of every page.
Ganun pala yun...
At least we're not like Tsubasa who really can't log out.
ehehe...
oh okay ... wait who's tsubasa???
Hmmm... Although I'm not all too fond of the plain Blue and White (even more so with the MyBB logo up there), the new forum style is GREAT! Looking forward to future changes. Good job on the transfer. /no1
Pages: 1 2