The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: Which ISP is king ir in the phillipines
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
That does it, I'm now officially madafakin pist off PLDT Jason ! My shop is suffering from intermitent internet connection(laging diconect para sa iba) for abt 3 weeks straight now.. And I'm paying top bucks(7k because of the small biz pack fuk) for this shit. Nahihiya na ko sa mga customers ko sa kapapaliwanag. Pls post your internet speeds(speedtest.net) and your ISP. I'm really considering cable internet now, I just need confirmation on the speed(when I called destiny they said the actual DL rate in cable internet is 256kbps, but then again I learned at school that cable net can reach 10Mbps). I just need comparison pts for this big decision.

BTW, pls also post the plan your in(Php per month and ISP given speed), Tanx guys in advance..

I'm on globe 384kbps. 999php per month.

For the first 2 months, i got download ratings up to 600kpbs but now, it's usually at around 300kbps only.

Well I'm not exactly super happy about it either because the globe modem for this 384kbps plan isn't compatible with a wi-fi router. -_- Only their 1Mbps (and up) plan is compatible with wi-fi. Really pisses me off.
<a href='http://www.speedtest.net' target='_blank'>[Image: 185739007.png]</a>

Sorry if it wasn't the result you were looking for! Ninja
Plan xcite, 2k a month (up to 2mbps ung advertisement). I used Singapore as a test site because the ping for the Philippine site was 999ms.

Anyway, I used to get disconnected a lot too. Here's a short story.

Once upon a time, I went insane after getting cut off repeatedly over multiple Agit defenses in pRO (UnHoly sa Loki guild ko dati, it was during RPC elims, and I was in charge of traps, so it was a big deal). Called up customer service and started screaming at the PLDT customer service rep over the phone so they sent someone over ASAP (mga 1 week for PLDT Chair). Found out it was because of a grounded phone line at my house, so we installed a new one after a while, and it still gets cut off if it rains hard, but less. Sometimes, my download speed passes 3mbps on torrents. Normally it's around 1mbps on http downloads.

I still get pissed off at my connection a lot, like today when I suddenly couldn't access y!m or yahoo mail. At least it's stable.
<a href='http://www.speedtest.net' target='_blank'>[Image: 185874572.png]</a>

We have the P999 plan.

I get the grounded lines during rains too. But it's not too bad, because like I said before, upward spikes in speed have been occuring (again! yeah!), so sometimes I get up to 180 KBps download speeds for torrents.

Maybe something's wrong with the wiring in your area, Jolly? Or maybe PLDT gets more and more unreliable the further up top you go on their package plans, heh.

Quote:Well I'm not exactly super happy about it either because the globe modem for this 384kbps plan isn't compatible with a wi-fi router. -_- Only their 1Mbps (and up) plan is compatible with wi-fi. Really pisses me off.
Thanks for the tip, was planning to switch to Globe, but we can't not have Wi-Fi in the house.
As soon as the lock-in period is over, we'll probably switch to something wi-fi-able. -_- meh.
@ grim: Or maybe PLDT gets more and mpre unreliable the further up top you go on their package plans, heh.

And yet I'm paying top bux for this sh!t! BTW I have 3 diff PLDT dsl connections(at house and 1 per shop), the one that I have in shop 1 is very reliable(rain or shine, alltho SOMTYMS slow, but narly disconects), and yet I'm paying only 2k a month for that(wel, I did register it as a personal acount Tongue ). Maybe your onto something there Grim Shifty ..

Thanx for the quick reply guys.

BTW is there someone in the republic using cable internet?
My uncle used cable internet for some time. He said its effectiveness diminishes depending on the number of users in the same area, but I don't know for sure.
We use wi-fi in our house for multiple consoles but I don't think our speed even reaches 1mbps.. -_-
Currently, this shop I play in is in Compass...
Real fast...

I better ask the owner for the other details...
@ Rick: He said its effectiveness diminishes depending on the number of users in the same area, but I don't know for sure.

Yep, I'm pretty xur thats the way it is(from what I can remember in lectures..). can you give me DL speeds(if your uncle does'nt mind)? tnx..

@Serene: pls do check it out dude, tanx
Hey DT, I just recently read the posts here, been offline lately cause of some validation problems.

Anyway, I used to experience same problem here @ the old comp. shop I used to play in (same loss of connection for the whole LAN). Good thing I finally got this free DualCore PC+internet promo from MyDSL (I was actually just after the free PC, don't mind the connection..).

I won't be going back there anytime soon... <_<

But somehow the connection loss barely happens to me (only happened once since)... neither does the problem with the rain.

Although that rain thing happens to SenZero and another friend of mine, I'm not really sure if we're both using the same ISP since I've never really brought up the matter.

@Lord_Leperman: AHA!! I knew I was right about the internet speed diminishing per shared connection. Chair and the people here thought I was just being selfish... BLAH. In... their... face. Thank God I have full control of the internet in this house. No no
Yung internet kaya ng ZTE okay? LOLOLOLOLOL
Anyone in the republic in the internet biz here(call center, comp shop, or personel)? any info in the biz side of ISP will be really appreciated. tanx again